Friday, August 25, 2017

Hurricane Harvey

John B. Marine | 8/25/2017 12:04:00 PM | |
#HurricaneHarvey is concerning. "John's Blog Space" may be about many topics, but first and foremost, it is a personal blog. So it is best I offer personal insight to help people deal with a time like this. Having said that, I want to wish all of my Houston-Galveston area people well in staying safe from Hurricane Harvey's potential wrath. Worse conditions are expected for those in the area with Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin.


Initial Thoughts.

I usually look to Twitter for decent updates regarding situations like Hurricane Harvey. A lot of the material is very useful ranging from pictures to messages. Timely updates and brief messages do a great deal to keep people informed and safe.

Then... you have those who joke about the whole thing and try to offer lighthearted material. I am all in for lighthearted material, but some of the comments I've seen on Twitter are just stupid. Either stupid or having nothing to do towards offering something positive and uplifting. I try to avoid governmental issues unless I am truly educated and comfortable discussing such matters. Even still, there are those who are hateful of President Trump in the respect of possibly doing little to nothing to help provide any amount of support towards what Hurricane Harvey could bring to South and Southeast Texas (and maybe Louisiana too). Other people have made Internet memes using the head of comedian Steve Harvey to resemble Hurricane Harvey. Again- I can see the lighthearted side of this, but this is really dumb on a number of levels. This is almost as annoying as when people use crying Michael Jordan heads for sports memes.

Hurricane Alicia hit Houston back in 1983. I was born in 1983, so I was too young to remember the impacts of Alicia then. I remembered the remnants of Tropical Storm Allison hitting the Houston area in 2001 some time after I graduated from High School. My memories then were of intense rain and winds on Friday night into early Saturday morning. Also, I remember being down on Internet for about two weeks, since we used to use the University of Houston's dial-up Internet, and UH was flooded. I did a blog post regarding Hurricane Ike back in 2008. That mostly seemed like a time of intense winds more than flooding rains. We would be out of power at my house for about 12 days. As of this initial post, I have no idea what to anticipate or expect from Hurricane Harvey. All I do know is that this will not be a very fun time dealing with this situation.


Thoughts to Affected Individuals.

All of you in the Houston-Galveston area please be careful with Hurricane Harvey this weekend and into the upcoming weekdays. Say a prayer(s) and hope all will be well... or at least not as damaging. Try to stay fed, cleaned, healthy, and even entertained. Best wishes and good fortune to all of you even in the worst of circumstances. Find positive energy through negative vibes. With all of this said, take care and be well.

This will be a trying and challenging event. Try to keep yourself entertained and happy even with this incident being at its worst. I hope all of my fellow Texans- including those here in the Houston-Galveston area will be safe. I will surely try to remain hopeful myself, my family, and my friends will be okay. Even if it means some cleaning up will have to be done in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, at least I want others to be protected and well.





I will be doing my part to be well in the wake of Hurricane Harvey. I encourage my fellow Texans to do the same. It is highly uncertain what will happen around here this weekend and into the upcoming work week. Regardless, I will be trying to stay safe and take what's given to me. In the meanwhile, please help support me and my online content if you find either or both interesting and useful. Thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger