Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Candy Dulfer

John B. Marine | 5/06/2020 12:14:00 AM | | |
Candy Dulfer is one of the sweetest saxophonists you may ever hear. Not just because of her name, but because she delivers big time. Candy's career is an extensive one with many solid performances of hers with many famous entities in music. I thought initially I had a blog post I worked on previously on her, but it is only now I realize I am making an entirely new post. So are you ready for another blog post of mine here on "John's Blog Space?" This post is about Candy Dulfer. Or at least, my look at Candy Dulfer. Welcome to "John's Blog Space!" This post is about Candy Dulfer.






Candy Dulfer


Time to start another blog post on here. Meet Candy Dulfer:

Candy Dulfer
^ from: (YouTube) - Candy Dulfer is one candy-sweet saxophonist for reasons much more than just her name.

Candy Dulfer is a (born: September 19, 1969)-year old Dutch saxophonist. Hailing from Amsterdam, Netherlands; Candy has provided some sweet and funky saxophone music. She has also had many different concert performances worldwide starting from her first musical action starting in 1987. A lot of her music career was in various works with the likes of Prince and Dave Stewart among others. Candy has had a number of singles and albums such as "Saxuality," "Candy Store," "Funked Up," and "Together." Candy Dulfer can rock out jazz style solo, but she can also drop some rhymes. Candy is also among a solid clique of talent known as the Ladies of Soul (more on the Ladies of Soul later in this post).

I first heard of Candy Dulfer some time in the late 2000s or early 2010s. She was one of few female saxophonists I could recall. I became attracted to her style of play that I grew to appreciate her talent. Candy Dulfer even did perhaps the best saxophone rendition of one of my personal favorite songs from one of my personal favorite groups- "For the Love of You" by the Isley Brothers. So her appeal is definitely there. Definitely one of the "worth the price of admission" types.

Now about those Ladies of Soul. Well, Candy Dulfer is one of a few ladies on this Ladies of Soul crew. She is joined alongside Glennis Grace, Berget Lewis, Edsilia Rombley. This clique features Candy dropping the lovely saxophone melodies accompanied by the soulfully sweet singing of the Ladies of Soul. Candy-sweet Candy Dulfer saxophone play. Sweet soulful voices from the Ladies of Soul. Does it get any sweeter than this? ;)


More on Candy Dulfer coming up...




Candy Dulfer: Music Samples


Here is a chance for me to showcase Candy Dulfer and her music to you all. This is your chance to hear her perform. So let's get started! I want to thank all of the uploaders who allowed their videos to be embedded.


"Pick Up the Pieces."

This first selected track is her rendition of the classic "Pick up the Pieces." Check this out:


^ Candy Dulfer - Pick Up The Pieces · Sax-a-Go-Go (2008)


"Strasbourg - St. Denis."

This one is not as funky as the previous video, but it is smooth and stylish. Candy plays her heart out while Jan Van Duikeren plays the flugelhorn. Together, they deliver a fabulous performance. Have a listen to this one:


^ Candy Dulfer - Strasbourg - St. Denis


"Lily Was Here."

This is a smooth and romantic piece for you all. It's Candy Dulfer paired with David A. Stewart.


^ Candy Dulfer & David A. Stewart - Lily Was Here


This gives you some perspective on Candy Dulfer's saxophone play. Oh, but wait...


"We're In This Together" (Bonus Video!).

Let me give you one last bit of Candy's saxophone playing while also paying respect to the Ladies of Soul. Listen to this lovely music showcase:


^ Ladies of Soul - We're In This Together (At Home Version)


Okay- no more video samples! Honest! Now for a few closing ideas on this Dutch saxophonist.




Candy Dulfer: Final Thoughts


Candy Dulfer is no doubt one of the finest saxophone talent. Her style is enticing, catchy, and at times... rebellious. Candy is a well-traveled musician who has taken part in many major gigs throughout her career. There is no doubt her personality and style of performing music are amazing. I truly respect Candy Dulfer and her fine music. Though I've made all kinds of puns regarding candy and sweets in this blog post, I truly think she is one of the finest musical talents in the world in all seriousness.


What I Would Tell Candy (if she read this)...

Candy Dulfer, I have long admired your excellent saxophone play. You're quite awesome! You work musical magic with your fine saxophone play. Keep up the great work!


Would I Want to Meet Candy Dulfer?

Absolutely! Candy's talent and her personality are... for a lack of a better term, sweet. Candy sweet.


For More Information...

Learn more about Candy Dulfer by visiting candydulfer.nl. And if you are interested in the Ladies of Soul, check them out at: www.ladiesofsoul.nl.





That's all... I'm done here! So I went back-to-back in blogging about Dutch singers. I go from Caro Emerald's vintage swing-style grooves to Candy Dulfer's funky saxophone play. Where else can you get the sort of "anything and everything" atmosphere of blog topics? Subscribe/Follow in any capacity if you enjoy my work. Until next time... thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

Visit my official website at johnbmarine.com, subscribe to My Blog(s), and/or Follow on Bloglovin!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS) Subscribe to John's Life Space (JLS)
Support My Creative Works!
JMDesigns Patreon Soundcloud Bandcamp Twitch OpenGameArt TurboSquid
Get Social With Me!
Facebook (Friends) Facebook (Fans) Twitter YouTube Instagram Pinterest LinkedIn (professionals only)
Questions or Comments? Contact Me (serious inquiries only)...
Contact Me via E-Mail




Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger