Friday, September 15, 2017

Buses

John B. Marine | 9/15/2017 02:48:00 AM | | | |
Carry lots of people on land and on city streets or country roads. How do you do so? Of course- on a bus! You probably rode one to school as a kid. You probably went around town in one. This is a just-for-fun post about buses. I know I blogged about the Volkswagen SambaBus in the past, but this blog post is about commercial buses. This is also a post I had sitting on my hard drive long ago but never completed until now.

NOTE: While this blog post is a "Just for Fun" post, all material offered is for educational purposes.






Buses in General


From school buses to city buses, these vehicles are meant to carry around loads of people comfortably. Passengers range from students, civilians, tourists, music bands, sports teams, and more. There are many buses for many different applications. A lot of responsibility is required in carrying loads of people. Nobody wants a deranged or unattentive driver behind the wheel of a bus, let alone any other kind of commercial vehicle. You wouldn't want to bear the burden of putting multiple peoples' lives at stake with poor operation of a bus now, would you? Most buses usually go around town, but some even go cross-country. Usually Greyhound buses here in the United States are known for their long-distance bus route travel. Some people have unique looking buses as well as some buses unique to certain cultures and locations. Regardless, buses do a great job carrying and transporting people across any sort of distance.

Because buses can be a means of getting people safely across certain distances, one big advantage to bus riding is that you don't have to worry about wasting gas/petrol with your vehicle to go out and about. This blog post bears a little connection personally because my brother's biological father used to operate buses. My brother and I even had spent money on bus rides around Houston before my brother eventually got his first vehicle. Even if you have to pay to ride buses, at least you are doing somewhat a favor for most major cities by riding clean on a bus.

My time riding buses to and from school has taken me towards some shuttle buses and even some proper school buses. I knew I was going to possibly have friends of mine from my school be part of a bus route. Or maybe I would make friends with students who went to other schools. Either way, the school bus was quite the childhood memory for me. They are as much a part of my grade school past as anything.

Let's take a look at some pictures of buses. Please go to the next section.




Buses in Pictures


Here are a bunch of bus types in general. I'll try to feature as many as I can. I will try to find replacement images in case I can't use any of them (for reasons such as copyright).


School Buses.

school bus
^ from: myersequip.com - Time to go to school, kiddies!

A few times back in my grade school days, I missed the bus. Or the bus just didn't show up. At least you know what bus was coming when you saw something big and yellow driving through your neighborhood each weekday morning and each weekday afternoon. Manufacturers of school buses include (but are not limited to) Pioneer, Bluebird, Ford, and GMC among many others. Their job (obviously) is to carry school students to and from school. Usually there are certain bus routes that are followed so that individuals can safely go from a bus stop location to the bus.


Shuttle Buses.

shuttle bus
^ from: www.blogdenuevayork.es (best I could find) - Shuttle buses don't carry as many people, but they still are viable forms of transportation to get people to places for most places that aren't too far away.

Shuttle buses may not carry as many people as school buses or commercial buses, but shuttle buses still accomplish the task of getting across many people safely from place to place. The majority of shuttle buses usually can be seen carrying people from shuttle bus stations to airports. Some others safely take people from one place to another. A vast majority of shuttle buses are also customizable commercial vehicles. For example, you could have a Ford Transit or a Ford F-650 with a bus body attached to it to serve as a shuttle bus. They may also be commercial vans that serve as shuttle buses.

To be honest, I didn't even think about shuttle buses for this topic initially because I focused so much on bigger buses.


City Buses.

city bus
^ from: (YouTube) - Want to get around the city but don't have a car (or prefer walking)? Get on a city bus!

A number of major cities have their own bus lines. We have METRO here in Houston. These buses can even be driving advertisements with a number of promotions on them. Europe has some very stylish buses from the likes of AM General, Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, SCANIA, MAN Truck and Bus, SETRA, and more. I am not sure how some of these European offerings would fare here in the United States, but these are some stylish buses that operate in Europe. Some city buses even allow access for handicapped access. Some cities have taken on initiatives to provide cleaner and more efficient buses for use. So some buses are powered by alternative fuels or are cleaner in emissions. Some city buses may even have perks such as Wi-Fi access and more. Some city buses are of decent length while certain others have an extended section attached to a bus to allow for more people to ride. Either way, their goal is to safely carry loads of people around town on roads and highways.


Charter Buses.

charter buses
^ from: www.hismajestycoach.com (best I could find) - Stylishly enjoy riding in style by riding in a charter bus.

Charter buses are almost the equivalent of riding in a passenger plane. These buses were designed to get people to places in style. What makes charter buses different is that they are very luxurious inside. Some even have things like televisions, Wi-Fi access, and more. Think of this more like first class bus riding. Charter buses can range from stylishly carrying people to even carrying around business and performers. They can go around town or even across the country.


Double-Decker Buses.

double decker bus
^ from: sciencehistorylover.wordpress.com - Need to carry around MANY more people? A double-decker bus might do the job.

If a city has loads of people or if many people want to get around town, a regular bus won't do. So go double-decker! Many people will immediately think of cities like London and Hong Kong (but especially London) in regards to double-decker buses. I've never been on or seen a double-decker bus in person, but I'm pretty sure that they do the job in carrying around loads more people and with not as short of length. Double decker buses handle about double the amount of passengers as an extended bus, but they are taller than very long buses.


Tour Buses.

tour buses
^ from: www.dayoutinlondon.com - Why not take a tour by taking a ride on a tour bus?

Tour buses are not only fun to be on, but also great for tourism. These tour buses offer a fun form of transportation for entertainment.


Promotional Buses.

promotional buses
^ from: rockbandaide.com - Some buses, such as this one, are decked out in unique livery mostly for promotion or for certain music groups, businesses, and the like.


So you now have a look at buses. I may feature more content based on this post's popularity or if I want to contribute more to this topic.




Bonus Videos!


Because I love you people, how about some bonus material? I found for you some bus videos! Enjoy the following:


I actually tried to find a decent school bus video, but considering the average audience of my blog, I was unable to find a decent one. So I'll leave it up to you to find a school bus video on YouTube if you are interested: "school bus" search results on YouTube.


I also tried to find a basic video featuring shuttle buses, but the only ones I could come across are conversions of shuttle buses. However, I did find THIS video which should interest you in regards to shuttle buses:

^ Riding the Parking Spot 2 shuttle bus to Houston Hobby Airport

Time I share with you some city buses here. Dome on now- did you REALLY think I would neglect my hometown Houston-Galveston area people for this topic?

^ Houston Buses HD


^ Marathon Coach Custom Coach #1247 Prevost H3-45 Double Slide


If you want to try your hand at bus simulators, here is one for you, a trailer for a bus simulator called called Bus Simulator 17:

^ Bus Simulator 17 - Trailer (Android & iOS)


Don't ever say I never did anything for you all! :)




Bus Manufacturers


These are various manufacturers of buses. To visit their official websites to their commercial buses, you are free to take a look at these sites. They also are mostly the global hub for each link. So if you want to visit a link for your certain country or region, find them within the many featured locations from these global sites. The links all point towards commercial vehicles. Again- all material provided for educational purposes:


AM General - Commercial
blue-bird
Freightliner - Buses
Thomas Built Buses
Proterra
GreenPower Bus
Electric Buses
Local Motors (makers of the olli autonomous shuttle bus)
Marcopolo
Volvo - Volvo Buses
Mercedes-Benz, also Daimler Buses
SCANIA
MAN Truck and Bus
SETRA
IVECO Bus
Navya
JBM Buses (they are NOT named after me, nor I did NOT make these buses!)


I may provide some more material in the future.





That's all for this one. Hope you enjoyed it!

What do you like most about buses? What are some of your bus memories? Are there some buses you maybe wish you could see in your city or your country?

Please have yourself a great day or night. Make sure to Subscribe and Follow my blog in some capacity if you enjoy my work. Or even get social with me across social media. Any support is welcome. Thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger