Saturday, December 12, 2009

Car Style - The Ford FG Falcon XR8

John B. Marine | 12/12/2009 08:53:00 PM | |
Ford of America doesn't get Ford Australia's Falcons. But if you're an American who likes Australian cars, wouldn't you want to have one? There'd be a good reason to be excited for these- premium RWD sedan. While I have a preference for Holden as far as Australian cars are concerned, I also have a soft spot for Australian Fords. The model in the FG Falcon range I'm talking about is the V8-powered FG Falcon XR8.



The latest Ford Falcon XR8 encompasses something I wish we had more of here in the United States- a premium RWD sedan that is both stylish and powerful. The latest Falcon XR8 stays in tune with the "stylishly aggressive" sedan cues that I've praised for most Australian sedans. The headlights are as clear as crystals and are stylish. The front grill is small as it proudly bears the blue oval of Ford. The front bumper is flanked by two big fog lights. The fog lights and its front bumper grill add plenty of aggression up front. The side profile bears the same kind of luxurious appearance as the front. Some of the beveled edges near the side skirts show a little meanness to it, but without overdoing it. Unlike the VE Commodore SS V-Series I talked about earlier, the Falcon XR8 doesn't bear an aggressive overfender. The rear quarter panels and rear bumper do offer an aggressive look. The subtle wing spoiler at the rear won't make you feel like Jamie Whincup or Craig Lowndes, but it does add sporty appeal to a stylish car as this. The tail lights are styled cleanly and beautifully. A single muffler accentuates the rear along with with the mean rear valance.

The interior is styled beautifully as well, and is a little more lovely inside than the Commodore SS V-Series I reviewed style-wise earlier. The seats and instrument panel are designed nicely, and the gauges give off a nice blue glow. I'm fine with that since blue is my favorite color. I do wish the steering wheel was styled better, though. The navigation system is situated higher up than the VE Commodore SS V-Series.



Sporty. Classy. Stylish. Powerful. Just sad we don't get too many cool sedans like this here in the United States. I actually find the FG Falcon XR8 to be a beautiful machine. I would be more interested in the return of the Falcon namesake to the United States than go with the Fusion. Just make them left-hand drive, and people would probably forget all about the Fusion here in the States.
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger