Monday, December 7, 2009

Car Style - The Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class (R171 Model)

John B. Marine | 12/07/2009 04:50:00 PM |
(UPDATED: March 14, 2012)

Mercedes-Benz is no stranger to beautifully-designed cars. My all-time favorite Mercedes-Benz is the 300SL. I first fell in love with the style of the R171-spec SLK when it was unveiled first in 2004. Now in case you don't know what SLK I'm talking about, the R171 is the latest model of the SLK. This model is more curvy than the rather boxy R170 model (the previous generation). So what do I make of this car? Read on!



And oh, here's the car right here. I wished I could have found it in a color other than black:

Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG
^ Mercedes-Benz SLK-55 AMG (R171 Model).





--- Car Style: The Mercedes-Benz SLK (R171 Model) ---

The front grill design of this car was inspired by the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren. Not many people loved this design, but I do. I also love the rest of this car. It's my idea of a 2-door compact sports car. Its appearance up front is beautiful and graceful with clean styling up front. In fact, if you think of this car as a baby SLR, you've pretty much defined this car's style. It kind of has this fastback look to it. The rear of the car is beautiful, too. The SLK 55 AMG adds some extra toughness while still looking great.

The interior of the R171 is nicely-appointed and very inviting. I've always wondered who you could actually contact with the little phone unit on the side of the center console. The combination of the dark colors and the wood trim offers sportiness and style without compromise either way.





Overall, the car is a beautiful machine. It is a sporty two-door compact coupe with beauty and grace. It still remains a beautiful car. The latest R171 models have some pieces to the front bumper that aren't very pretty to me. But still, it's a lovely car. You feel the same? Comment away!


UPDATE: 3/27/2011

If you are looking for car parts for your car or the car I mentioned, I invite you to use either the Amazon Auto Part Finder widget on the side. Or click on the link at the end of this sentence, as it links you to Amazon Auto Part Finder.

Please read "An Important Amazon Note" in the sidebar for more information on Amazon products. Thank you for reading!

Become a Fan (or Like) my Facebook Fan Page and subscribe this blog (and my others) via FeedBurner (or any other aggregator in the sidebar)! Visit (or subscribe):
Subscribe to John's Blog Space!
Subscribe to John's Shop Space! (http://jbmshopspace.blogspot.com)
Subscribe to John's Gran Turismo Space! (http://johnsgtspace.blogspot.com)
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger