Monday, October 3, 2011

TLC

John B. Marine | 10/03/2011 01:36:00 AM | |
T-Boz, Left Eye, and Chilli- these were the three ladies who were among many groups to define rhythm and blues in the 1990s. They were a little of everything and did a whole lot to distinguish themselves from the pack. It was these three who really set the music genre on fire through their heyday in the early to mid 1990s. They've become a forgotten memory these days, except for those who lovingly look back on TLC's musical past. Of all of TLC of course, Left Eye is no longer with us as of this initial post. She was killed at age 30 in a car crash back in 2002 in Honduras filming for a documentary. This blog post is a look at one of the most popular groups in rhythm and blues in the 1990s- TLC.

I may enhance this blog post depending on traffic to this post. Some information for this post was provided from Wikipedia.





--- TLC at a Glance ---
Who makes up TLC? These were the three ladies of TLC from their formation in 1991 in Atlanta, GA, USA:

• T-Boz (Tionne Watkins)
• Left Eye (Lisa Lopes; deceased)
• Chilli (Rozonda Thomas)

Now, it's time to listen to their music. What you will see and hear are the sounds of TLC in many of their past songs. Many of these are personal favorites of mine from TLC's existence. Each heading introduces you to their songs. Those headings are followed by a brief description of each song. So I hope you enjoy this blog post.

Any songs I couldn't find and embed will be provided with links to the content instead.


Baby-Baby-Baby.

Class of 1992... unite! TLC formed back in 1991. This song was released in 1992. So having said this, this ws the start of TLC establishing themselves. I remember hearing this song on 97.9 FM The Box here in Houston a lot back in day (and maybe on Majic 102.1 FM here in Houston as well). I think I've even seen the music video on both MTV and BET. Your first bit of TLC loving is right here:




Red Light Special.

TLC took the sexy route with "Red Light Special." Unafraid to take a chance, this 1994 song is actually my personal all-time favorite of TLC:




Waterfalls.

While I was not really a fan of this song, its message (especially in the chorus) is very much something we can all live by. I'm sure everyone who is a fan of TLC likely has this as one of their favorites. And so, I'm including it because I know there are those who love it. Have a listen to this 1994 classic:




Creep.

Time for one more trip through 1994. This bit of TLC tender loving care will get you in the groove:




Unpretty.

This song really hits home for the female audience. It's message is a great one and very understandable. "Unpretty" came out in 1999. Here is the video:




Ain't Too Proud to Beg.

When I come up with blog posts on music, there are some that I completely forget to mention. THIS is one of them! I can't believe I forgot to include this song as part of my blog post. Prepare to hear this one for the first time ever if you've never heard it before:



Note how much fun is being had making this video. Not as many of today's artists tend to really enjoy themselves and have fun like in "Ain't Too Proud to Beg."



There's your TLC tender loving care!





These words couldn't be any more true to this day: "they don't make 'em like this anymore." Granted I was never a fanatic of TLC, I respect them for what they brought to music. Their music helped to define '90s rhythm and blues. TLC is surely one of the best groups of the '90s in the genre. The videos I've showcased here demonstrate why.


Want more TLC? Here's how to get your fix:

about TLC on MTV.com
TLC on YouTube (a VEVO channel)
Follow T-Boz of TLC on Twitter!
Follow Chilli of TLC on Twitter!
Wikipedia post on TLC

(more links may be added in future edits)


TLC on Amazon:

Go enjoy some TLC on your MP3 player or computer! :)





Thank you for reading!

Become a Fan (or Like) my Facebook Fan Page and subscribe this blog (and my others) via FeedBurner (or any other aggregator in the sidebar)! Visit (or subscribe):
Subscribe to John's Blog Space!
Subscribe to John's Shop Space! (http://jbmshopspace.blogspot.com)
Subscribe to John's Gran Turismo Space! (http://johnsgtspace.blogspot.com)
Share this article

1 comments:

John B. Marine said...

 I'm a huge fan of TLC still h still have a lot of their songs on mmy y iPod - and No Scrubs is my number one karaoke song! ;)

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger