Sunday, June 7, 2015

Istanbul Park

John B. Marine | 6/07/2015 03:32:00 AM | | |
Istanbul, Turkey is one of the world's most fascinating cities. As fascinating as Istanbul itself is Istanbul Park. This international motor racing facility is Turkey's premier motor racing facility. Its grand debut was in 2005. It has hosted many F1 Turkish Grands Prix (Türkiye Grand Prix'i) as well as various other races in other series. This blog post is a look at one of Hermann Tilke's many creations- Istanbul Park.

This was a previously incomplete blog post just sitting on my PC for about a year, but never completed it until now. One other thing... Istanbul is a Sister City of Houston and has been a Sister City of ours since 1988.


A Special Hello...

If you are Turkish or from Turkey, I want to send a special hello to you. I learned "Merhaba" is Turkish for hello, so "merhaba herkese!" I hope you enjoy my post.





--- Istanbul Park ---

Let's go further in talking about Istanbul Park.

Istanbul Park Circuit
^ from: en.espnf1.com - Istanbul Park is a modern F1 course that has a real rhythm to it that makes racing it exciting.

The Istanbul Park circuit in Turkey (or Türkiye) is a 3.332-mile (5.338 km) race course. Since Istanbul encompasses both Europe and Asia, Istanbul Part is on the Asian side of Istanbul. A total of 14 corners make up this technical course. This track is really one of my personal favorites. It reminds me a lot of Magny-Cours in France as far as being a nice rhythm-based race track. Unlike Magny-Cours, though, Istanbul Park has an excellent flow to it that makes racing it (at least to me) fun. You can enjoy some high-speed racing without having to feel like you're racing some monotonous racing course. I even think it has one of the most stylish-looking pit facilities of any current track on the Formula 1 calendar. Unfortunately, this track hasn't been raced on by Formula 1 since 2011. Sebastien Vettel (then) of Red Bull-Renault won the 2011 F1 Turkish Grand Prix. Istanbul Park has hosted racing from other categories, such as MotoGP, World Superbikes, DTM, FIA World Rallycross, and more.

The turns really seem to come suddenly and will surprise you if you aren't alert enough. You can go around the course pretty quickly as long as you are mindful of how abruptly most of the corners come. One can probably criticize that this course doesn't have too many interesting features to it around the track. However, there is no denying that this is a technical course that can be very fun to race. I think this course is pretty exciting if you ask me.


One Lap Video.

I selected this video to showcase the challenge Istanbul Park provides. Enjoy (click on the link below the video to view on YouTube):


^ "F1 2009 Turkey Istanbul Kimi Raikkonen Onboard [FOM] HD"

As always, thank you to the uploader who allowed this video to be embedded.


For More Information...

For more info about Istanbul Park, please visit its official website at intercitypark.com (WARNING: only available in Turkish).





That's it for this blog post. Haven't done one of these race track blog posts in a while, so I'm hopeful my motorsports fans can appreciate yet another post of mine in this category. Thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger