Sunday, January 13, 2019

Betty Wright

John B. Marine | 1/13/2019 06:53:00 PM | |
(UPDATED: May 10, 2020)

One of my mother's favorite singers is Betty Wright. So I decided to expand the "anything and everything" number of topics to include this singer. I actually wanted to feature Betty Wright in my blog for quite some time. Like a lot of my blog posts, though, I never got around to completing or starting them until they eventually get published. Anyhow, get ready for another post on "John's Blog Space!"

Off-Topic Note

Can you believe that I am nearing a unique milestone with this blog- 10 years of John's Blog Space? Ten years since my first ever post on this regularly-maintained blog will happen on January 23, 2019.






Betty Wright


This blog post is about singer Betty Wright.

Betty Wright Bessie Regina Norris
^ from: songkick.com - Get to know Betty Wright a bit with this blog post.

Betty Wright is an R&B singer born as Bessie Regina Norris. She was born on December 21, 1953 from Miami, Florida, USA. So Betty Wright is currently 65 as of the date of this initial blog post draft (January 13, 2019). Part of my motivation to blog about Betty Wright is because she is one of my mother's favorite artists. I do remember in my youth that my mother had one of her cassettes. Betty Wright would later create her own record label called Miss B Records back in 1985. One of the greatest accomplishments of her career is in being the first Black woman to go gold from her own record label.

I would say Betty Wright deserves some Hall of Fame recognition if not into any musical Hall of Fame.




Music of Betty Wright


Here are videos of Betty Wright and her singing. I would like to thank all the ones who allowed their videos to be embedded.


Clean Up Woman.

This is one of my mother's favorite songs. And to me, I like listening to it also. Never heard this song? Well here's your chance right here!


^ Clean Up Woman - Betty Wright (1971)


No Pain, (No Gain)

Once for "Monday Motivation" on Facebook, I posted this song. So if you like my post so far on Betty Wright, here's a very good song of hers:


^ Betty Wright - No Pain, (No Gain)


Tonight is the Night.

I don't know too many other Betty Wright songs, so I just picked one based on YouTube results. Sometimes, it's best to explore things for yourself and allow yourself to be surprised. Here is a little more Betty Wright for you in case you're liking this blog post. As a note, this song is a LIVE version:


^ Betty Wright-Tonight is the Night


What do you think about her music?




Betty Wright: Final Thoughts


I don't know as much as I would like to about Betty Wright, but I surely respect what she has accomplished in her musical career. "Clean Up Woman" and "No Pain, (No Gain)" are two songs I know best from her. You can hear more of Betty Wright's music if you look her up on YouTube. If Betty Wright isn't in any musical Hall of Fame, I think she deserves some Hall of Fame love.


Would I Want to Meet Betty Wright?

I would find it an honor to meet her, if given the chance.


A Sad Update...

On May 10, 2020; Betty Wright died at the age of 66. I offer my condolences to everyone whom have known and loved Betty Wright. Her impacts on the music world will live on forever.





This post is over. I hope I've provided some great reading for your eyes and brain, and I hope I've given your ears some great music to listen to. Make sure to Subscribe/Follow my blog(s) if you enjoy my content. You can do so by following the links in this closing section. That said, thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

Visit my official website at johnbmarine.com, subscribe to My Blog(s), and/or Follow on Bloglovin!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS) Subscribe to John's Life Space (JLS)
Support My Creative Works!
JMDesigns Patreon Soundcloud Bandcamp Twitch OpenGameArt TurboSquid
Get Social With Me!
Facebook (Friends) Facebook (Fans) Twitter YouTube Instagram Pinterest LinkedIn (professionals only)
Questions or Comments? Contact Me (serious inquiries only)...
Contact Me via E-Mail




Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger