Monday, January 7, 2019

Remembering Whitney Houston

John B. Marine | 1/07/2019 02:11:00 PM | | | | |
While I was never crazy about her, Whitney Houston was one of the best singers ever. Her voice was powerful as well as sweet when singing. I can assure you someone may be doing karaoke with Whitney Houston as you read this. Unfortunately, Whitney Houston is longer with us. She died in 2012 from drug abuse. I don't intend this blog post to be a complete educational piece on Whitney Houston, but more like a look back at some of her music. I will even offer a few thoughts on some of my favorite songs of hers. If you are obliged, welcome to another post on "John's Blog Space!"

NOTE: This song contains several YouTube videos, and it may disrupt your performance viewing this blog post. You can view each video privately by clicking on the links below the videos.






Remembering Whitney Houston


Whitney Elizabeth Houston was born on August 6, 1963; and she died on February 11, 2012 at the age of 48. She was born in Newark, New Jersey, USA was one of the finest singers to ever live. Her music provided passion and power with such a fine singing voice. Whitney has even taken her talents to acting with movies such as "The Bodyguard" and "Waiting to Exhale" among her different actress roles. One of the most successful songs of all time money-wise was her classic "I Will Always Love You."


Substance Abuse and Drug Addiction.

Whitney Houston has had a number of issues with drug usage. Despite such a beautiful career with her beautiful voice, she had some ugly demons to battle- namely drug addiction and substance abuse. She was found dead at a hotel in Beverly Hills, CA, USA after taking in a lot of drugs and found unconscious submerged into a bath tub. Whitney Houston's death only fueled the importance to discuss addiction and drug abuse. Today's landscape surely is mindful of the effects of addiction.


Coming up is a look at her music. So get ready to hear Whitney Houston supply her amazing singing to the masses.




Whitney Houston Music


This part of the post pertains to some of Whitney Houston's music. Some of my favorites and ones I like will be featured here. Let's begin with a song a lot of people know Whitney Houston best for:


"I Will Always Love You."

If most people could choose one Whitney Houston song as their favorite, a lot of people would probably respond to "I Will Always Love You," and for good reason. Not only is this song from 1992 one of the best songs she's ever sung, but because of how powerful it is to sing. I even remembered hearing American Idol singers try to sing this song as the judges had their say. It is even a fairly complex song. Once the key changes to its powerful conclusion, good vocal depth and some good breathing is required to play the wonderful end of this song. No more words- just listen to this masterpiece of hers if you never heard it before:


^ Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (Official Music Video)


"I Have Nothing."

This is a sweet song in its own right. The song flows very well and mixes in a lot of the power Whitney Houston brings to her singing. Here is a chance for you to hear her sing this song if you never heard it before...


^ Whitney Houston - I Have Nothing (Official Music Video)


"I Wanna Dance With Somebody."

This song is rather fun and happy. It is a feel good song with some good vibes being offered. The song plays on the same key and has the same overall flow as "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper. It is one of my personal favorite love songs of all time. Go ahead and have a listen to this feel good song if you never heard it before:


^ Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Official Music Video)


"I'm Every Woman."

Whitney Houston's rendition of Chaka Khan's "I'm Every Woman" was done masterfully and sweetly. This is another sort of feel-good kind of song. Have a listen:


^ Whitney Houston - I'm Every Woman (Official Video)


This is only as much as I want to share about her music. Hope you enjoyed it. I didn't intend on this or specifically wanted to choose songs this way, but every song I selected had "I or "I'm" in its title. Do you have any favorite Whitney Houston songs besides the ones I mentioned?




Whitney Houston: Final Thoughts


Whitney Houston's music and influence will live on forever. No single recording artist has been so accomplished and so successful as Whitney Houston. Sadly, her career was marred by her substance abuse and drug addiction. I never fully celebrated her or regarded her as a personal favorite, but I highly respect and admire her amazing entertainment work.


For More Information...

Please visit this official website for more about Whitney Houston: www.whitneyhouston.com.





I hope you enjoyed this blog post. If you want to discuss this topic...

What are your fondest memories of Whitney Houston? How will you remember Whitney Houston?

Thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

Subscribe to My Blog(s), and/or Follow on Bloglovin!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS) Subscribe to John's Life Space (JLS)
Support My Creative Works!
JMDesigns Patreon Soundcloud Bandcamp Twitch OpenGameArt TurboSquid
Get Social With Me!
Facebook (Friends) Facebook (Fans) Twitter YouTube Instagram Google+ LinkedIn (professionals only)
Questions or Comments? Contact Me (serious inquiries only)...
Contact Me via E-Mail




Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger