Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Maxthon

John B. Marine | 3/06/2019 09:12:00 AM | | | |
For weeks recently, I have used the Maxthon browser. It was developed by a Chinese group and is meant to be fairly quick. It is also a cloud browser, meaning files from the cloud can be accessed on many devices. I tried Maxthon out to try to compile a review of it. This even includes two versions of Maxthon other than Maxthon 5 (the current version). So this is my comprehensive review of Maxthon.






Maxthon


This post concerns the Maxthon browser.

Maxthon Browser
^ from: (Microsoft Store) - Find out what I think about the Maxthon browser in this blog post.

As of March 6, 2019; Maxthon is in its 5th version from its Chinese developers. It is a unique browser in that it is a cloud browser. So storage is stored in the cloud for the cache. The browser offers a fast experience for no matter what kind of browsing you do. Of its many features, Maxthon offers things such as a Resource Sniffer and certain video features that allow you to view videos in pop-up windows or even download video. So this browser can be effective in getting certain resources you like. You can get Maxthon for computers and mobile devices.


My Experience With Maxthon.

I downloaded Maxthon 5 to start things off. What you are able to accomplish and do with this browser is pretty incredible. Some of the features can be pretty useful in getting certain material or even trying to set up certain blog posts. The Resource Sniffer can be incredible at this. When I want to search for one topic across a number of sources, the Multi Search can be quite powerful. You can use the Multi Search to search one term across many different sources. For example, you can do a Multi Search on Converse and look up search engine results for Converse including shopping links for Converses that you can buy. You can even set up what resources you want to use in your Multi Search results. This offers extra customization. You can download extra extensions to enhance the Maxthon experience to your liking. It is also possible to download videos online with Maxthon from different sources like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and more.

The Maxthon browser is a fabulous browser... when fully loaded. Often times, Maxthon can be dreadfully slow and sometimes unresponsive. Maxthon will load quickly on the screen. However, for it to load everything properly and be ready to go, it can be slower than a number of other browsers. Sometimes when you request it to stop, it refuses to stop no matter how many times you try. In those times, you basically will have to close that tab to ensure stopping loading of a certain link. As I operate on Windows 10, I even tried to use Windows 8 compatibility settings. One plus to this is that Maxthon doesn't overlap my taskbar when Maxthon doesn't respond. My frustration in using Maxthon often times makes me not like Maxthon as much as I want to.

To counteract this, I tried out the Maxthon 5 Portable browser. I noticed a little better performance, but not too much. I found a bit more performance and control using Maxthon 4. However, since MX4 is outdated, you almost feel like you have to use MX5 to be current. One site I usually visit led to me being unable to stop a series of spam tabs. I had to eventually End Process Maxthon 4 at that point.

I recently have started using Opera more as my main browser. So among my browser retation, this is my current rotation of browsers: Opera, Chrome, Vivaldi, Maxthon, Waterfox, Edge, and Internet Explorer.

You now know about Maxthon as well as some of my experiences in using it. Final Thoughts to come...




Maxthon: Final Thoughts


When Maxthon is fully loaded, it is a solid and fast browser. Note- WHEN FULLY LOADED. Maxthon can be quite slow to load everything. Features such as its multi-search tool and the Resource Sniffer are interesting features for various sites. However, being so inefficient and slow makes this Maxthon less than ideal. You know when you want to fully love something but can't for whatever reason(s)? Well, that's how I feel about Maxthon. I mean... I want to love Maxthon and make it my premier browser over Vivaldi. I just can't, though. I mostly will reserve Maxthon mostly for some sneaky browsing.

I do recommend Maxthon, but you need to be extremely patient with it to enjoy it if you want to try Maxthon yourself. Speaking of which...


For More Informaiton on Maxthon...

Want to learn more about Maxthon? Want to download Maxthon for computer or mobile? Please visit www.maxthon.com!





I hope this will give you all some insight on Maxthon. Thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

Subscribe to My Blog(s), and/or Follow on Bloglovin!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS) Subscribe to John's Life Space (JLS)
Support My Creative Works!
JMDesigns Patreon Soundcloud Bandcamp Twitch OpenGameArt TurboSquid
Get Social With Me!
Facebook (Friends) Facebook (Fans) Twitter YouTube Instagram Google+ LinkedIn (professionals only)
Questions or Comments? Contact Me (serious inquiries only)...
Contact Me via E-Mail




Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger