Sunday, August 19, 2012

Brand Name Attraction

John B. Marine | 8/19/2012 11:26:00 PM | | |
I honestly never cared about always having designer goods or prominent brand name goods. Sure, there are brands and items I most respect, but it doesn't mean I ALWAYS want those items. You will not see me parade around in certain brand names or wearing certain brand name material with the maker proudly emblazoned on it. I don't want to be a walking advertisement for something. Even in my younger days, I didn't care if I was the only kid in grade school not wearing sneakers from Nike or Adidas. I didn't care if I was in school wearing jackets from a company other than Starter. It isn't because I (or my mother) couldn't afford the brand or because I had genuine dislike- I just didn't really care or feel pressured into always wearing high-profile brands. Not even one item in my closet has any kind of big logo on it. Only thing really close is an Old Navy T-shirt with an American flag on it. That's it.

I'm just not real cool about dressing up as a walking advertisement for a certain clothing manufacturer. I don't feel being under any pressure to look great with certain designers or having luxury goods from luxury designers. There is no reputation for me to hold looks-wise regarding having to have luxury goods or certain designer goods just to be personally happy. Then too, I can be as old-fashioned a person you may ever meet.

You have reached the end of this blog post. However, I have something I want to share with you. Read the next section if you are into fashion.



--- A Special Request! ---

This blog post here on "John's Blog Space" has had hints of fashion mentioned. For all of you who love fashion, have you visited my "StyleSpace" blog yet? "StyleSpace by JBM" (or "SS" for short) is my anything and everything blog regarding fashion. Those who may know me online well know I've started to say "welcome to my blogging universe" to promote my blogs. Well, that blogging universe of mine features my fashion-oriented blog called StyleSpace. Some of my fashion-themed posts here on "John's Blog Space" may get moved over to StyleSpace and edited fully. Lots of exclusive posts on SS will also be featured regarding fashion. I want "StyleSpace" to be as successful and as active as my other blogs.

To make this happen, however, I need your help. I will do everything I can to make StyleSpace as great of a blog as possible. While SS isn't a "traditional" fashion blog, I do blog about fashion the way I see it and with my own input. Everything posted has some sort of fashion connection. As I usually do with some posts, I make sure to provide links to other peoples' blogs for certain fashion elements I try to discuss. There are also shopping resources in case you don't mind doing some shopping for relevant items based on what you read in my posts. Take advantage of these online things and help both yourself and me. As usual- I would gladly appreciate your support should you buy something I've posted in any of my blogs or their posts.

Click the link to visit "StyleSpace, by John B. Marine" today! You may also contact me via E-Mail or message me on my Facebook fan page if you have some topics you want to see me discuss on StyleSpace (or even in any of my other blogs).





What is your attitude towards being under some sort of pressure to wear/own/use goods from popular brands or luxury designers? Do you feel more compelled with using goods from well-respected makers as opposed to knock-offs or no-name brands? Speak your mind! Thank you for reading!

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Shop Space (JSS) Subscribe to John's Gran Turismo Space (JGTS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger