Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hungaroring

John B. Marine | 7/23/2014 10:09:00 PM | |
In 1986, the Republic of Hungary unveiled the Hungaroring. It is the premier motor racing circuit in Hungary. This circuit is situated in a city about 11 miles (17.70 kilometers) away from beautiful Budapest in the city of Mogyoród, Hungary. This blog post is a look at the Hungaroring. I am pleased to welcome all of my racing fans worldwide to "John's Blog Space."


BEFORE I BEGIN...

Did you know that prior to this blog post, that I have not done a proper blog post on any race track since June 20, 2012? The last race track I blogged about was Moscow Raceway. So this is a category I have neglected for over two years! The last time I made mention to a race track was with Circuit of the Americas on November 20, 2012.

If you are from Hungary, I'd like to offer you a special hello and welcome to "John's Blog Space!"





--- Hungaroring ---

Let's take a look at this fine Hungarian motor racing circuit.

Hungaroring
^ from: www.allf1.info (links to image source) - The Hungaroring hosts a number of events ranging from national series to international racing series. The F1 Hungarian Grand Prix (or Magyar Nagydíj) is the signature race around the Hungaroring each year since the track's inception in 1986.

What I love most about this track is primarily the views of beautiful Budapest from some of the camera views. The track itself is one that I think has a great rhythm and character to it. This track measures 2.722 miles (4.381 kilometers) in length and has 14 turns. There is a chicane after Turn 3 primarily for motorcycle racing around the Hungaroring. It is one of few race tracks on today's Formula 1 World Championship schedule in which the circuit situated in a natural bowl.

The Hungaroring is a rather tricky circuit to navigate. There is plenty of character to it. It has a pretty good rhythm to this track you must establish as you try to lay down consistent laps or to try to properly treat each section. The trickiest sections to me are the first corner and the entire section going from Turn 5 to Turn 11.


Lap Record.

As of the date of this initial blog post, the lap record around Hungaroring was set by Michael Schumacher racing for Scuderia Ferrari in 2002. He posted a time of 1:16.207 around Hungaroring in 2002.


Video Lap.

Want to know what it is like to go around the Hungaroring? Check this out:


^ Formula 1 Lewis Hamilton Onboard Lap Hungary 2012 {HD} - Monday TV

This is a greatly competitive old-school race track. I hope you enjoyed this one.


For More Information...

For more about the Hungaroring motor racing circuit, please visit the track's official website at www.hungaroring.hu.





I mostly abandoned this topic because of view count. I may jump back into all of this with new content to further extend the range of topics to my already massive blog. I thank you for visiting JBS. Thank you for reading!

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger