Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Wayback Wednesday: Dec. 31, 2014

John B. Marine | 12/31/2014 03:16:00 AM | | |
It's #WaybackWednesday New Year's Eve edition! Final day of 2014 as I present more goodness for you all to end this year. I figured this will all be songs to keep you upbeat on the upcoming new year. Who wants to start the new year poorly, right? Let me see what music I can find for you all. Welcome to John's Blog Space and another "Wayback Wednesday" post!

A Little Note: YouTube has been twitchy with me. Sometimes, the video player would suffer an error to where trying to function on YouTube ends up in videos stopping loading and then function again after a few seconds. This was a challenge in trying to check if these videos are any good in trying to feature them in posts.

In Case You're Unaware...

I decided to no longer do "Wayback Wednesday" posts either ever or for a while. So this may be the last-ever post I do in this category. The one thing I do try to pose in this series is to respect a lot of the old songs. I did these posts semi-casually to express a general love of music regardless of whatever decade of music is featured. I am thankful and pleased at all who noted my posts and decided to show their love for my work of finding old songs. Unfortunately, this may be the last one I do. It has nothing to do with trying to constantly feature these things- it is more along the lines of just not really feeling trying to almost randomly pick out songs I have in mind. I have certainly enjoyed doing this even before making this "Wayback Wednesday" a part of my blogging.

Once again... to everyone out there who noticed my posts and responded in some sort of way- thank you. I guess you can say if I'm not going to do this again anytime soon, I might as well give a memorable performance. It's your call if this one is a great way of going out with a bang.





--- Wayback Wednesday: How it Works ---

Wayback Wednesday on JBS
Welcome to Wayback Wednesday on John's Blog Space!

Most of what I select for "Wayback Wednesday" primarily consists of music videos. Rather than share with fans, I usually share YouTube videos among friends in my Facebook profile. Most of what I share are selections based on a certain group of songs I want to feature. I want to label it as "Wayback Wednesday" for the sake of hashtag usage. The proper person in me knows it is "Way Back Wednesday" rather than "Wayback Wednesday." The main criteria element is that the material must be at least five years old. So as of this blog post, all Wayback Wednesday features material from 2009 or earlier. Nothing from 2010 or later will be featured. All Wayback Wednesday selections go in chronological order from earliest to oldest. So more recent material is featured before going to least recent material. For example, a song from 2003 will be shown followed by a song either from that same year or before 2003.

Here's the quick rundown:
• material that is at least five years old is featured.
• selected material is from more recent to less recent.
• not every selection is music.

This is a sample post:

Wayback Wednesday: (Month Day, Year)

(song arist - song title, or title) (year)
(description)
(link to video)

I decide to post just a link to the video rather than slow down the performance of my blog with embedded YouTube videos. Links to some videos may or may not be available all the time. You're basically clicking at your own discretion in this sense.


Depending on traffic and other considerations, I may start this as a common feature of my blog. Having said all of this... let's begin!



--- Wayback Wednesday: Selections ---

Here are the songs I've selected for this Wednesday. Click on the links to view the YouTube videos associated with the individual songs. NOTE: Certain restrictions may apply to some of the material I've selected- such as (but not limited to) age restrictions. Be wary of this if you decide to click on any of the provided links to this post.

If you like to comment, feel free to let me know which songs you like from this list I selected.


Wayback Wednesday: December 31, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Let me find you some songs surely warranting a good mood. These are all songs that are upbeat and positive in their beats or even in the flow of the songs themselves. It's feel good time, folks! Enjoy this post!


Airbase - Roots (Andy Blueman Remix) (late 2000s)
I figured I would start this post with an uplifting trance remix that is one of the very best I've ever heard. I wouldn't feature this song unless I heard something truly epic. Trust me on this one- this remix is both epic and uplifting. It is MUCH better than the original song. Andy Blueman since moved on to doing other kinds of songs, but his remixes of trance songs were on point and amazing. Don't believe me? Listen to this link I provided and hear for yourself.


David Morales feat. Lea-Lorien - How Would U Feel? (2004)
House music, anyone? This was one of two different songs I really liked in the mid-2000s. The version I found here is the extended mix. Even if you don't have time on your hands, this is still worth a good listen.


DJ Jonathan Peters feat. Sylver - After All This Time (2004 or 2005)
The other of two songs I liked a lot from the mid-2000s is this one. This time, it is DJ Jonathan Peters with Sylver. Unlike the song above, this one is the Radio Edit. This one is one to enjoy on a Saturday night or so. Go ahead- click the link above and enjoy.


Janet Jackson - All For You (2001)
Janet Jackson provides this fun and upbeat song for you all. This one is all for you, and it takes you back to 2001. Go have a listen to this one.


Amber - Above the Clouds (Eric Kupper Classic Mix) (2000)
There is this woman from the Netherlands/Holland named Marie Claire Chalmers, better known as Amber. Though "This is Your Night" is one of her all-time hits, the remix of this song is surely magical in its own right. You are certainly free to enjoy this wonderful remix here. It's the Eric Kupper remix of Amber's "Above the Clouds." This mix dates back to 2000, so welcome to the year 2000!


Daft Punk - One More Time (2000)
One more day of the old year. Why not groove one last time for the old year? This song should be to your enjoyment. So go have a listen to this bit of 2000 goodness.


Jennifer Lopez - Waiting for Tonight (1999)
J-Lo is waiting for tonight in this classic 1999 song. There's nothing like this track that combines Latin-style sounds with some solid beats. You're probably going to love this one if you've never heard it before.


Madonna - Ray of Light (1998)
This light dance song surely has positive vibes to it. Nice instrumentals and beats are complimented by Madonna's singing style. Listen and enjoy.


Faith Evans - Love Like This (1998)
There was a time when Bad Boy Entertainment was one of the hottest labels in the realm of hip-hop. One such part of Bad Boy was... a girl. Her name? Faith Evans. Here is a hot song that I've heard a number of times remixed. Welcome to 1998 and this great song.


Kimara Lovelace - Movin' in Circles (1998)
"Real Racing Roots '99 in... Shooting Hoops!" At least when playing "Ridge Racer Type 4," I ALWAYS select this song to be played on the Shooting Hoops track. The song sets the mood for a race in a festive and memorable environment. If you've never played "Ridge Racer Type 4," the Shooting Hoops event takes place at 11:45 PM on New Year's Eve in Los Angeles, CA, USA. 1999 gives way to 2000 as the race progresses. It's a chance for you to become the last champion of the old year... and the first champion of the new year. It is so cool. Just because this is a video game song doesn't mean it has no place in any of my old music posts. I don't discriminate. Enjoy this classic.


MISIA - Into the Light (1998)
For Japanese pop fans, here is a song that has loads of energy to it. Misaki Ito, better known as MISIA, is one of my personal favorite JPOP artists. I surely felt the energy when I heard this song for the first time. Here is another 1998 song for you all. At least this song dates back to 1998.


David Bowie - Dead Man Walking (1997)
Even though the song's title suggests something dark and evil, just the guitar flow and beats to this rock song are enough for me to say this is fairly upbeat. This is one of my favorite songs from "The Saint" soundtrack. Enjoy David Bowie and this 1997 song.


??? - Flight in the Dark (1997)
My favorite song from my favorite arcade racing game. True to the mood of this blog post, it's another upbeat, feel-good style song. This song is the Beginner-Night theme in SEGA SCUD Race (or SEGA Super GT here in the United States). Staying in 1997 for this song.


Europe - The Final Countdown (1986)
It's the final countdown! This unworldly popular song from the group Europe is a song that has somewhat an upbeat flow to it. Here is a trip back to 1986.


Kool and the Gang - Celebration (1980)
More feel good music coming up! This time, Kool and the Gang supplants the feel good here. Some sports games have this song playing after the home team (assuming the home team won) wins. Celebrate good times! It's Kool and the Gang, and it's 1980.


McFadden and Whitehead - Ain't No Stopping Us Now (1979)
This song is great to groove to. There is a lot positive with this song and its overall flow. Come get your 1979 loving, folks!


Rufus and Chaka Khan - Tell Me Something Good (1974)
Finally, I want to end this post by offering up this song. I'll tell you something good alright- this is one very cool song. Get ready for this fine 1974 song.


Here is a bonus video for you all:

Race of a Thousand Years (2000 - Bonus Video!)
In 2000, we had the Sydney 2000 Olympic Summer Games. Later that year would be a season-ending race in the American Le Mans Series (now United SportsCar Racing along with the former Grand-American Road Racing Series). What was so special was that this race was held on New Year's Eve in 2000 in Adelaide, South Australia, Australia. This, unlike what many people have thought, is the TRUE new millenium whereas many thought 2000 was the new millenium. If you have about two hours on you, I present you this famous race from the 2000 season of the American Le Mans Series. Enjoy this bonus video, racing fans!


This concludes the final "Wayback Wednesday" post of 2014... and maybe the last one I do ever or for a while. To check out all of the other posts in the "Wayback Wednesday" category, click this link: Wayback Wednesday.





Again, I'd like to thank everyone for your continued support of my work- including my "Wayback Wednesday" posts. I do hope you enjoyed your time here this year and for as long as I've blogged here on Blogger/Blogspot. Have yourselves a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year. Thank you for reading!

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

1 comments:

John B. Marine said...

Eeee, I was absolutely delighted to see a post about Pusheen! I just recently discovered that the iconic cat actually had a name. I often use the Pusheen emoticon in my Facebook chats. I'm curious to see, however, how the widespread use of emoticons has impacted our ability to communicate. We no longer have to explain how we feel--we can just send a picture. And we no longer need to describe things--we can just look it up. Just some food for thought.


Hoping you had a wonderful holiday season, John!

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger