Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Wayback Wednesday: Dec. 17, 2014

John B. Marine | 12/17/2014 02:08:00 AM | | |
Let's do #WaybackWednesday again! Welcome to this week's installment here on John's Blog Space! Music (and other stuff) at least five years old will be featured here. Wayback Wednesday. It's like Throwback Thursday, only made for Wednesdays. You probably already knew that, but I just wanted to clarify. Anyhow- get ready for another trip back in time! I'll be your YouTube music video jockey here for this post.





--- Wayback Wednesday: How it Works ---

Wayback Wednesday on JBS
Welcome to Wayback Wednesday on John's Blog Space!

Most of what I select for "Wayback Wednesday" primarily consists of music videos. Rather than share with fans, I usually share YouTube videos among friends in my Facebook profile. Most of what I share are selections based on a certain group of songs I want to feature. I want to label it as "Wayback Wednesday" for the sake of hashtag usage. The proper person in me knows it is "Way Back Wednesday" rather than "Wayback Wednesday." The main criteria element is that the material must be at least five years old. So as of this blog post, all Wayback Wednesday features material from 2009 or earlier. Nothing from 2010 or later will be featured. All Wayback Wednesday selections go in chronological order from earliest to oldest. So more recent material is featured before going to least recent material. For example, a song from 2003 will be shown followed by a song either from that same year or before 2003.

Here's the quick rundown:
• material that is at least five years old is featured.
• selected material is from more recent to less recent.
• not every selection is music.

This is a sample post:

Wayback Wednesday: (Month Day, Year)

(song arist - song title, or title) (year)
(description)
(link to video)

I decide to post just a link to the video rather than slow down the performance of my blog with embedded YouTube videos. Links to some videos may or may not be available all the time. You're basically clicking at your own discretion in this sense.


Depending on traffic and other considerations, I may start this as a common feature of my blog. Having said all of this... let's begin!



--- Wayback Wednesday: Selections ---

Here are the songs I've selected for this Wednesday. Click on the links to view the YouTube videos associated with the individual songs. NOTE: Certain restrictions may apply to some of the material I've selected- such as (but not limited to) age restrictions. Be wary of this if you decide to click on any of the provided links to this post.

If you like to comment, feel free to let me know which songs you like from this list I selected. Enjoy this post and my selections.


Wayback Wednesday: December 17, 2014

See anything you like?

DHT - Listen to Your Heart (Hardstyle Mix) (2005)
This week's trip in time begins in 2005 with a very popular song in the realm of electronic dance music. The Hardstyle Remix of "Listen to Your Heart" by DHT was pretty popular. You can say I'm starting this Wayback Wednesday hard. Let's do so!

Bone Crusher, feat. Killer Mike and T.I. - Never Scared (2003)
This would be the hip-hop anthem for someone who doesn't fear anything or anyone. If you ain't never scared, this song is for you. Welcome to 2003!

Eminem - Lose Yourself (2003)
Let's stay in 2003 with this next song. Detroit to the bone, Eminem came up with this song here as part of the soundtrack to "8 Mile." This link goes to the official music video to this song.

Jay Z - Girls, Girls, Girls (2001)
Jay-Z is all about one thing in this song- girls. This song takes you back to my High School graduation year- 2001. Ready to go back this far? By the way- shout out to everyone else who graduated from High School in 2001! :)

Shaggy - It Wasn't Me (2000)
Get ready for some Shaggy here with this song from 2000. I tried to find a version of this song that isn't bombarded with spam or with some ridiculous intro. This was my best effort. This video is just lyrics. It's either this video... or no video.

P!nk - There U Go (2000)
On Wednesdays, we wear pink. On Wayback Wednesdays, we listen to Pink. So enjoy "There U Go" from the music star from Atlanta. Staying in 2000.

Kenny G - Eastside Jam (1996)
Time for some jazz from one of the most recognizable and most respected saxophonists in the business... Mr. Kenny G. From "The Moment" album, I give you "Eastside Jam." Welcome to 1996!

Everything but the Girl - Missing (Todd Terry Remix) (1995)
A good song can be made better with the right touches. While I've heard the original to this song, its remix from Tod Terry is a classic. The original song dates back to 1994, but its remix from Todd Terry dates back to 1995. Here is some 1995 musical loving for you.

Queen Latifah - U.N.I.T.Y. (1993) (WARNING: Bad language!)
Queen Latifah sat atop her throne as queen of hip-hop in the 1990s. This song I provide here is one of her bangers. She's all about that U-N-I-T-Y with this song. Go enjoy you some 1993 loving here. Who you callin' a b****?

Larry Carlton - Sleepwalk (1982)
Here is the most beautiful rendition of "Sleepwalk" I've ever heard. It comes from my favorite jazz guitarist- Larry Carlton. It is romantic and beautiful at the same time. This is probably something to cuddle up to your lover/spouse with. No, really. This joint is deep. Welcome to 1982!

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger (1982)
You've... probably heard this song before on YouTube from somewhere. Maybe you've heard this at sports games. There was probably some kind of way you heard this song before. Well now here in my Wayback Wednesday post, you can enjoy this song in its entirety with this video. This is 1982. Enjoy your stay!

Barry White - Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe (1974)
Finally, I give you the Maestro of Love from Galveston-born Barry White to conclude this edition of Wayback Wednesday. You're getting TWO songs from Mr. Barry White here. First off is "Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe." Welcome to 1974!


Barry White - You Are The First, My Last, My Everything (1974)
Here's the other Barry White Song I selected for your audio enjoyment. Staying in 1974, here is another amazing tune from Barry White. Enjoy!


This concludes another "Wayback Wednesday" post of mine. To check out the latest posts in the "Wayback Wednesday" category, click this link: Wayback Wednesday.





That's all for this Wayback Wednesday. Next week, it's another themed edition of Wayback Wednesday- ALL Christmas songs. Hope you stick around on JBS for me to post on Christmas Eve. Subscribe, Follow, and get social with me in the meanwhile. Thank you for reading!

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

1 comments:

John B. Marine said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment under my recent blog post. I'm so glad to hear that you remembered me after all these years. I've certainly missed you as well and I can't wait to start posting and reading your blog more regularly. That's yet another great post from you, keep up the good work! Merry Christmas to you John, hope you have an amazing one! x

http://thedashingdiaries.com

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger