Saturday, February 13, 2010

Electronica

John B. Marine | 2/13/2010 07:00:00 PM | |
There is nothing like music from the realm of electronica. It doesn't matter if you prefer house, trance, breakbeat, lounge, chill, progressive, industrial rock, or anything like that... you love this style of music for its persistent beats and overall awesome style. This will be my latest label to my blog. I've been wanting to do a few blog entries on electronica for the longest, but never found the courage or any kind of motivation to do blog entries on this style of music (until now, obviously).





--- Why Should You Care About Electronica? ---
Electronica has been used as an umbrella name for various varieties of electronic dance music. The reason why I care is because it's a style of music that delivers pulsating beats along with awesome instrumentals. You may even hear some nice singing to accompany the songs. Sometimes, I get burned out on most mainstream music and want to just listen to a good trance or dance song. I listen to a lot of Top 40 pop and hip-hop. My parents have nowadays listened to country music, which I personally can't stand (but don't hate). So the more I've been hearing country tunes, I feel like I'm catching fire. And when the flames get to be more intense, you start to feel it and need to do something quickly to prevent from losing skin.

That's why I carry my MP3 player and find a good electronica tune to listen to. I personally wish I had newer songs. A lot of the electronica I have are mostly a lot of mid-late 1990s songs as well as a few from the early 2000s. I have songs from soundtracks, video games, and electronica compilations as part of my MP3 collection.

My personal love affair with this style of music probably began for me back in the mid-1990s. Songs from artists and groups like Amber, La Bouche, Real McCoy, and others have been played on the radio. I've even heard music from the awesome Robert Miles. It wasn't until I heard the soundtrack to the motion picture, "The Saint" that I got to hear many more songs some of the more household names in electronica like Underworld and Moby. I can say with confidence that this is about the only kind of music where I can get a pack of various electronica songs and be able to enjoy almost all songs equally. I don't usually care about just one artist or one group because there's just some awesome beats and great music to be had. I've had or have about five different CD packages featuring loads of electronica and dance songs. Then, the WipEout series of games got me interested further into this style of music. I was introduced to groups and artists like Future Sound of London, Prodigy, the Chemical Brothers, Propellerheads, Fluke, Orbital, Timo Maas, Underworld, and more.

What began with more mainstream electronica has progressed to an overall love affair of a style of music like this. I'm proud to hear even a hip-hop song that sounds like some of the electronica songs. I'm proud even to hear a light dance remix of a pop song. Sometimes, I love electronica so much that certain songs on the radio are songs that I try to remix in real time. Certain songs just beg to have that dream remix to them. Even songs you may not imagine them having a dance remix to them somehow find a way to make a great dance remix to them.



--- Songs I Like ---
I guess my favorite kind of electronic dance music is trance. I like trance the most because that's where some of the hardest-hitting instruments and beats can be found. You also have vocal trance where you have some great singing to accompany some of the hard-hitting trance beats and instruments. When you think of trance, the key word is trance. It's almost as if this music takes over your mind to where you are in a state of euphoria. You feel the ups and downs of beats. You sense intense climaxes and some easy-going lows. You become one with the music and feel truly connected.

I even enjoy radio remixes with dance-style beats. Now that mainstream hasn't been mainstream since the early 2000s, anything even remotely reminding me of beats from the 1990s is something I'll levitate to. I even enjoy a light dance remix of a pop song. This is just the style of music I've enjoyed the most. I sometimes remix songs with dance remixes in my mind in real time. While I'm not much of a rock music person, I sometimes think a good rock song with a nice trance mix to it can sound pretty awesome.



--- Best Dance Remixes of Popular Songs ---
Here are a few remixes I found on YouTube of popular songs I've heard before. These are all remixes I like. This is just to show you what can happen when you give a popular song a good remix.


^ "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift, Hard Dance remix by DJ Igor


^ "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon, CHEW FU Festival mix


^ "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas, Amurai Remix


^ "Down" by Jay Sean with Lil Wayne, House Remix


^ "I'm So Paid" by Akon with Young Jeezy and Lil' Wayne, remixed by DJ Rob Ford


^ "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus, Kelvin Nicolas Remix


^ "Knock You Down" by Keri Hilson with Ne-Yo and KanYe West, ELECTROLIGHTZ remix


See what I mean? Some songs just have a good vibe to them to where a good remix of the song can be had.





Blog entries about this genre of music and all of its subgenres and related songs will be featured in my Electronica entries.
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger