Monday, December 11, 2023

Laufey

John B. Marine | 12/11/2023 02:05:00 AM | | | |
(UPDATED: February 18, 2024)

Laufey (pronounced "lay-vay") is a jazz singer who has popularized jazzy singing lately. This Icelandish singer of Iceland-China decebt who is a throwback that brings old time jazz singing to modern times. She does this so beautifully. She is a jazz throwback whose attention is deserved for her wonderful style of music. I will be using this space to blog about Laufey.


LATEST UPDATE(S)/REVISION(S)...

FEB 18 2024 - added more content






Laufey


Meet Laufey:

Laufey
^ from: www.laufeymusic.com - This jazz singer from Iceland will captivate you with her style of old time jazz singing.

Laufey comes across as this modern songbird who is a musical throwback to the golden era of jazz music. Laufey is from Iceland and is of Icelandic-Chinese descent. She brings old style jazz singing to the modern musical realm. Her singing voice is deep, but also sweet. In fact, Laufey patterns her singing style after one of the all-time greats in any musical genre- Ella Fitzgerald. She is also a "Swiftie," a big fan of Taylor Swift. Laufey calls her fans as "Lauvers." Get it- lovers? Lauvers? (clears throat) Anyhow...

My introduction to Laufey began when I heard her sing "From the Start." The song had an air of innocence and fun while also having a singing style reminiscent of old movie songs and old time jazz. I then started hearing "Bewitched" among her other songs. "Bewitched" literally sounds like a song in some 1940s or 1950s movie. I'd then hear other songs such as "I Wish You Love," "Valentine," "Falling Behind," and one of her oldest songs, "Street By Street."

What I love most about Laufey is how her singing reminds you of some songs sung in older movies. She literally brings that style of singing to modern times to a younger audience. Laufey is 24 as of December 11, 2023 (born April 23, 1999); but you almost wonder if Laufey actually comes from the past and living in the present the way she sings.


Congratulations, Laufey!

(added: February 18, 2024) At the 2024 Grammy Awards, Laufey won her first Grammy award for "Best Traditional Pop Album" for her "Bewitched" album. Hopefully this will be the first of many accolades for Laufey.


What I Would Tell Laufey (if she were to read this)...

Your music and your style of music are amazing! Even as most people are indulged into the likes of hip-hop, rock, and various forms of electronic music; you are making strides in a genre not as many people listen to. You are also singing very well at it. I have the greatest of respect for you and your music. Keep up the great work!


Music Samples.

Here is a sample of Laufey's singing for you all now. Have a listen to this fun and peppy song:


^ Laufey - From The Start (Official Music Video)

And here is another sample of her singing:

^ Laufey - Bewitched (Official Music Video)


Now you have an idea of Laufey and her singing.


For More Information...

Want more Laufey? Visit her official website at www.laufeymusic.com. From there, you can also connect with her on social media.





I really like Laufey and her singing style. I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Be sure to follow this blog and my others if you enjoy my work and want my latest blog posts once they drop. If you enjoy my work, please Subscribe/Follow my blog(s) in any capacity if you love my work and want to support me any way you can. Share my blog post(s) with others if you enjoy my work. Thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

Visit my JohnMarineDesigns Weebly site, subscribe to My Blog(s), and/or Follow on Bloglovin! Let's connect:
Contact Me via E-Mail Contact Me via Discord

(donations are voluntary)
Visit and Subscribe to My Blogs...
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS) Subscribe to John's Life Space (JLS)
Get Social With Me!
Facebook (Friends) Facebook (Fans) Twitter YouTube
Pinterest LinkedIn (professionals only) TikTok Discord
Support My Creative Works!
JMDesigns John on Envato
Patreon Soundcloud Bandcamp
Twitch OpenGameArt TurboSquid
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger