Friday, April 9, 2010

Skimmer Sneakers

John B. Marine | 4/09/2010 05:41:00 AM |
UPDATED April 1, 2011: Edits and updates made.

Skimmers are mostly slip-on sneakers. They are more like cute sneakers, only that you don't lace them up. Skimmers often have sneaker-like designs like the shoe lace detail at the toes. Many skimmers come in a number of designs and styles. A lot of them are designed like Converse (or Chuck Taylor) sneakers. They are more like the sneaker cousin of ballet flats. Whereas ballet flats are cute and girly and stylish, skimmers are purely casual.

The blog entry is entitled "Skimmer Sneakers" because they are primarily focused on the sneaker-like slip-ons. There are other kinds of skimmers, but the ones I'll be focusing on here are the sneaker-like skimmers.




--- Skimmers in Pictures ---
Here is a picture to set the mood:

Converse skimmers
^ from: polyvore.com - A pair of Converse skimmers.

As you can see (like with the Converse skimmers above), these skimmers have the same style of your favorite Converses (assuming you're a Converse fan), only that these are slip-ons. They do for a casual look the equivalent of what ballet flats do to compliment a look. The only difference between most skimmers and ballet flats is that skimmers are more casual. It's unlikely you'll see skimmers worn around an office or someplace. The call is for casual cute.

Skimmers are available for various females ranging from girls to adult women. Here are some more skimmer pictures:

striped skimmers
^ from: alternativeoutfitters.com - Here, the lady wearing these skimmers is wearing these striped skimmers with slim or skinny jeans. It's a casual cute look that works very well with these shoes.

wedge sneaker skimmers
^ from: girlsshoes.guidestobuy.com, by way of amazon.com - Wedge skimmer sneakers.

These skimmer sneakers are brown with many light pink hearts around them. Also, note that these skimmers have a wedge base. American Eagle (as in the Payless brand) has made a lot of wedge skimmers that I thought were cute. These are exclusively girly as they are skimmers with a heel. This is for the girl who wants to elevate her style while looking cute doing it.



--- What to Wear Skimmers With? ---
Skimmers are quite casual, so it's probably not a good idea to wear these with anything dressy or [especially not anything] formal. Here's a simple fix- T-shirt, jeans, skimmers. I've once seen some girls wear skimmers as their shoes for their school uniform. You can even wear a cute casual skirt or dress to go with skimmers. If you're used to skinny jeans with Converse-type sneakers, you could replace the Converse high-tops or low-tops with a pair of skimmer sneakers. You may even go with some cropped pants or jeans to go with skimmers. Your options are pretty open with skimmers. I'd just stay away from any fancy or dressy looks. Some skimmers may be exceptions to the rule, but not ALL of them.

You've seen some skimmers. As a way of thanking you for reading this blog entry, I must allow you a chance to purchase any skimmer sneakers if you like them. So it's time to show you some skimmers on Amazon!



--- Skimmers on Amazon ---
NOTE: This section contains links to Amazon products. You are welcome to click on images and links to learn more about each item. You are free to order any items featured in this section or in any widget if you choose. Please see "An Important Amazon Note" in my blog's sidebar to see more information on any Amazon items shown.

You've seen skimmers through this blog entry. If you appreciate my blog entry and my blog work, I invite you to have a look at these skimmers in this section. I would appreciate it if you take some time to look through this section and do some shopping if you have enjoyed this blog entry. It's a way of saying thank you, especially if my blogging work has meant something to you. I always pick a few items that I think are very nice. I will provide as many details as I can about each item. And if that item is no longer available on Amazon, I will update my blog entry as many times as possible so that I can keep my readers up-to-date with newer material.

I thank all of you for reading my blog entry (and my others). Now it's my time to give back to you by showing you some skimmer sneakers that may interest you. It's tough to only focus on skimmer sneakers. Here is a widget featuring many more skimmer sneakers (what I based many of my picks on):








Thank you for reading! Proudly wear your skimmer sneakers! :)

Become a Fan (or Like) my Facebook Fan Page and subscribe this blog (and my others) via FeedBurner (or any other aggregator in the sidebar)! Visit (or subscribe):
* Subscribe to John's Blog Space!
* Subscribe to John's Shop Space! (http://jbmshopspace.blogspot.com)
* Subscribe to John's Gran Turismo Space! (http://johnsgtspace.blogspot.com)
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger