Thursday, July 1, 2010

Drape/Waterfall Vests

John B. Marine | 7/01/2010 03:52:00 AM |
(UPDATED: February 26, 2012)

What seems to be trendy nowadays is that of the draped vest. I must say, it's great that vests are still considered stylish. The fact these vests provide dramatic drapes and are airy adds to their magnificent appeal. What goes with these vests? Almost anything, judging on various pictures I've seen online of these draped vests being worn. This look can be thought of as the combination of a vest and a tunic. Think of these vests like tunics with an open front. The end result is a flowing, subtle look to compliment any top. Let's look at some pictures so you get an idea of what I'm discussing...

drape vest
^ from: www.wetseal.com - drape vest paired with a camisole (or a tank top).

drape vest with tank top and shorts
^ from: getthelook.imnotobsessed.com - a vanilla white draped vest paired with a white tank top and some drawstring short shorts.

drape vest with top and jeans
^ from: www.stylehive.com, by way of shopmcauleys.com - a very dark draped vest to go along with a top, jeans, and sandals.

draped vest with jeans
^ from: www.nordstrom.com - a draped vest paired with a top and jeans.


LATEST UPDATE(S)/REVISION(S):

FEB 26 2013 - edited post; added link to StyleSpace blog post


NOTE: This blog post is outdated. If you want to see this topic discussed in my fashion blog, including a discussion on drape/waterfall cardigans, I invite you to visit my fashion blog- "StyleSpace by JBM." Please visit that blog to view an updated look at this topic: "Drape/Waterfall Vests and Cardigans" (StyleSpace by JBM)

Or enjoy reading this post.





Your accessorizing options are almost endless, but it all begins with one lovely draped vest. It is possible that I can do a blog entry on John's Shop Space (my secondary blog) to include more relevant vests to feature for you to buy in case you're interested in draped vests. The following vests will do for now. So please check out these vests I've found on Amazon so you can get in on the trend:

NOTE: This section contains links to Amazon products. You are welcome to click on images and links to learn more about each item. You are free to order any items featured in this section or in any widget if you choose. Please see "An Important Amazon Note" in my blog's sidebar to see more information on any Amazon items shown.

The following items you see below may no longer exist if and when I complete a blog entry featuring many more of these on "John's Shop Space." So if you want to buy some draped vests on Amazon, check these out while they are still here.



^ WARNING: Don't expect too many items. I've tried to find as many items as I could relevant to this blog entry.



ADDED - April 15, 2011:
When I check out who all visits my blog post on drape/waterfall vests, people search how to create drape/waterfall vest. And to answer your question, I don't know. It isn't too hard to put together a few looks using drape/waterfall vests. Just look at the pictures in the intro for a little inspiration.

(EDITED: February 26, 2013)






How do you feel about this trend? Do you have your own draped vest(s) in some pictures? Feel free to comment. Thank you for reading!

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Shop Space (JSS) Subscribe to John's Gran Turismo Space (JGTS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger