Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wayback Wednesday: Oct. 29, 2014

John B. Marine | 10/29/2014 01:44:00 AM | | |
My #WaybackWednesday contribution is back with retrospective you'll enjoy. What old songs (and other things) have I selected for you all this week? You're about to find out! Going back in time with material at least five years old. I hope you get to enjoy this post as much as you've hopefully enjoyed my other material. Time to go to work again!





--- Wayback Wednesday: How it Works ---

Wayback Wednesday on JBS
Welcome to Wayback Wednesday on John's Blog Space!

Most of what I select for "Wayback Wednesday" primarily consists of music videos. Rather than share with fans, I usually share YouTube videos among friends in my Facebook profile. Most of what I share are selections based on a certain group of songs I want to feature. I want to label it as "Wayback Wednesday" for the sake of hashtag usage. The proper person in me knows it is "Way Back Wednesday" rather than "Wayback Wednesday." The main criteria element is that the material must be at least five years old. So as of this blog post, all Wayback Wednesday features material from 2009 or earlier. Nothing from 2010 or later will be featured. All Wayback Wednesday selections go in chronological order from earliest to oldest. So more recent material is featured before going to least recent material. For example, a song from 2003 will be shown followed by a song either from that same year or before 2003.

Here's the quick rundown:
• material that is at least five years old is featured.
• selected material is from more recent to less recent.
• not every selection is music.

This is a sample post:

Wayback Wednesday: (Month Day, Year)

(song arist - song title, or title) (year)
(description)
(link to video)

I decide to post just a link to the video rather than slow down the performance of my blog with embedded YouTube videos. Links to some videos may or may not be available all the time. You're basically clicking at your own discretion in this sense.


Depending on traffic and other considerations, I may start this as a common feature of my blog. Having said all of this... let's begin!



--- Wayback Wednesday: Selections ---

Here are the songs I've selected for this Wednesday. Click on the links to view the YouTube videos associated with the individual songs.

If you like to comment, feel free to let me know which songs you like from this list I selected.


Wayback Wednesday: October 29, 2014

Selena Gomez - "Tell Me Something I Don't Know" (2008)
Texas' own Selena Gomez is featured with this song. So go ahead... tell her something she DOESN'T know. This one will take you back to 2008.


Breaking Benjamin - Unknown Soldier (2007(?))
This video I found only has the song and its lyrics. It is very much a great rock song. "Unknown Soldier" comes from their Phobia album.


Fedde Le Grande - Put Your Hands Up for Detroit (2006)
If you're from Detroit, I'm sure you'll appreciate this song. Fedde Le Grande wants you to do just one thing- put your hands up for Detroit. Detroit has played a huge role in the history and evolution of electronic dance music. That... and groove to this song. :) MoTown lovin' of a different kind for you electronic dance music fans.


Narcotic Thrust - When the Dawn Breaks (Radio Edit) (2005)
Electronic dance music fans, here's a mellow song with a nice little flow to it. I'm sure you'll dig this one.


Ludacris - Southern Hospitality (2000)
Love you some Ludacris? Here's a song from Ludacris. Illinois boy Ludacris reps Atlanta in this super-cool song from 2000. Come and get your Southern Hospitality!


Dr. Dre feat. Eminem - Forgot About Dre (1999)
Don't forget about Dr. Dre! Actually, I thought this song was based on a level of the PC game "Raptor: Call of the Shadows." This was actually what I first thought of when I first heard of this song. Then again, how many superstars would follow even video games and computer games for inspiration on making songs? Anyhow, enjoy this one folks. This is 1999!


ATB - 9 PM (Till I Come) (1998)
An all-time trance classic coming up. Leave it to Germany's ATB to provide this classic. This link goes to the official video of this 1998 song.


Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Carol of the Bells (1995)
Christmas in October? Sure! Why not? Here is one of my personal favorite Christmas songs performed beautifully (if you can call rock guitar riffs beautiful) by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Here's your 1995 loving!


Enya - Orinoco Flow (1988)
Sometimes, I post songs I'm not real crazy about, but often mention to my audience since I don't want my posts to exclusively be about songs I like or love. So one of those "I don't mind" songs was released in 1988. I only know it for the "sail away" lyric. This is "Orinoco Flow" from the Irish singer Enya. This link goes to the official video. And I must admit- this song can be quite soothing. I was probably starting pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten around the time this song was released.


Smokey Robinson - Just to See Her (1987)
Another personal favorite love song of mine is coming up. Welcome to 1987 with the smooth vocals of Smokey Robinson.


Bobby "Boris" Pickett & The Crypt Kickers - Monster Mash (1962)
I'm including this song primarily in advance of Halloween. It's the Monster Mash! I know this is an old song... but HOW old? Welcome to 1962! This link is only featured for the song.


This concludes another "Wayback Wednesday" post of mine. Were there any past songs here you enjoyed?





I hope you enjoyed this little look back. Thank you for reading!

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger