Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wayback Wednesday: Oct. 22, 2014

John B. Marine | 10/22/2014 01:58:00 AM | | | |
#WaybackWednesday is back in vogue on JBS! This is the just-for-fun deal where I post material mostly about old (at least 5 years old) songs. I do mix things up sometimes with other stuff, but it's all about that interesting way back experience. How far can I take you back this week? Get ready- it's Wayback Wednesday!

I am somewhat leaning towards doing Wayback Wednesday posts as part of a regular segment of my blog. Nothing official, though.





--- Wayback Wednesday: How it Works ---

Wayback Wednesday on JBS
Welcome to Wayback Wednesday on John's Blog Space!

Most of what I select for "Wayback Wednesday" primarily consists of music videos. Rather than share with fans, I usually share YouTube videos among friends in my Facebook profile. Most of what I share are selections based on a certain group of songs I want to feature. I want to label it as "Wayback Wednesday" for the sake of hashtag usage. The proper person in me knows it is "Way Back Wednesday" rather than "Wayback Wednesday." The main criteria element is that the material must be at least five years old. So as of this blog post, all Wayback Wednesday features material from 2009 or earlier. Nothing from 2010 or later will be featured. All Wayback Wednesday selections go in chronological order from earliest to oldest. So more recent material is featured before going to least recent material. For example, a song from 2003 will be shown followed by a song either from that same year or before 2003.

Here's the quick rundown:
• material that is at least five years old is featured.
• selected material is from more recent to less recent.
• not every selection is music.

This is a sample post:

Wayback Wednesday: (Month Day, Year)

• (song arist - song title, or title) (year) {linked}
(description)


I decide to post just a link to the video rather than slow down the performance of my blog with embedded YouTube videos. Links to some videos may or may not be available all the time. You're basically clicking at your own discretion in this sense.


Depending on traffic and other considerations, I may start this as a common feature of my blog. Having said all of this... let's begin!



--- Wayback Wednesday: Selections ---

So what did I select for this Wednesday? Find out by checking out the various links I've provided. I can't guarantee in future installments that the links will still be available should you start seeing posts like this weeks and months down the road, but you can still check out each song I selected. I hope you enjoy my selections. Remember that each featured song/video is at least five years old. So nothing 2010 or after will be featured as of the date of this post.

If you like to comment, feel free to let me know which songs you like from this list I selected.


Wayback Wednesday: October 22, 2014

Let's do it!


T.I. - Whatever You Like (2008)
At one point during the economic recession of the late 2000s, something like what T.I. mentioned in this song would be vastly frowned upon in terms of not having enough money to actually afford all kinds of things mentioned in this song.


EmyLi - Tekito Lover (2007)
Japanese loving coming up next. Meet EmyLi and one of her fine songs- Tekito Lover. Fabulous vocals and a pretty cool beat make this one hot.


Killswitch Engage - This Fire Burns (2006)
Normally, I am not one into loud and raging rock music. However, this one is a great exception. You wrestling fans may recall this as one of the themes to wrestler C.M. Punk. Want to rock? Try this one out for size!


T.I. - Bring 'em Out (2003)
I bring out my best in all of my blog posts. You already heard T.I. earlier. Here's another dose of the King of the South. Enjoy and welcome to 2003!


Lexos - The Key (2001)
Let me entertain you trance fans out there. Some songs are considered classics for their genre, especially long-standing ones. You can say this is one of those long-standing classics. Lexos provides this one. No- not the car company; you're thinking of Lexus. I'm talking about Lexos. If you're looking for the key, use this song to motivate you.


Backstreet Boys - Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) (1999)
Nothing says '90s quite like boy bands, and one of the premier boy bands was the Backstreet Boys. I'm sure you girls reading this post will swoon to this song. Don't be swooned too much, though... I still got other songs to feature here!


Brian McKnight - Anytime (1997)
Get ready for a wonderful tune from one Mr. Brian McKnight. Do I ever cross your mind anytime? This is 1997. Welcome!


Adam Sandler - Ode to My Car (1996)
WARNING: Very bad language! Lots of cursing in this old song, but it's crazy funny! Dedicate this song to any crappy automobile- even if you own a crappy automobile yourself! This song was from Adam Sandler's "What the Hell Happened to Me?" album.


Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason (1995)
Smooth vocals, smooth guitar play, smooth song. These should be more than enough reasons I'm featuring this song. Now go listen to this one already!


Boyz II Men feat. Mariah Carey - One Sweet Day (1995)
This past Saturday was a holiday called Sweetest Day. Sweetest Day is celebrated mostly by Midwestern and New England States and is basically a money grab for candy. You hear the term "eye candy" a lot. Well, here's some ear candy courtesy of one of my all-time favorite groups- Boyz II Men, and Mariah Carey.


Purple Motion - Satellite One (1993)
One of the kings of the chiptune scene is Purple Motion of the Future Crew. Purple Motion put together this masterpiece here called "Satellite One" from 1993. Come get your fix of electronic dance music here with this fabulous tune.


Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (1992)
So many have sung this song. It has withstood the test of time, and while she didn't create this song (Dolly Parton did back in 1974), it is what many consider Whitney Houston's greatest masterpiece. Hear this song for yourself if you have never heard it before. It's "I Will Always Love You." Welcome to 1992!


Monsters of the Midway (1985)
If you're a fan of the Chicago Bears of the National Football League, you may know of the Bears as the Monsters of the Midway. Curiously once, I found this song. I'm taking you back to 1985 with this one.


Alexander O'Neal - A Broken Heart Can Mend (1985)
Love hurts, but a broken heart can mend. Here is the hit song from Alexander O'Neal. I was still a baby when this song was released. Who knows? Maybe I heard this song from my mother's crappy Dodge St. Regis while in my car seat. Go ahead and enjoy this 1985 track.


Toto - Africa (1982)
I bless the rains down in Africa. You may remember this song if you've played "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City." This song is a lovely one with a smooth flow.


Quincy Jones feat. Patti Austin - Betcha Wouldn't Hurt Me (1980 or 1981)
You may note that I talk about smooth vocals and smooth instrumentals a lot. I often like these kinds of songs. One more smooth song wouldn't hurt. So to that end, here is another one from that musical mad scientist known as Quincy Jones sung by Patti Austin.


Stevie Wonder - As (1976)
The reason why I selected this song because I was looking for a Stevie Wonder song whose lyrics mentioned the seasons knowing exactly when to change. And apparently, I found it! Welcome to 1976 and this fabulous Stevie Wonder song. I picked this video because it is a better-sounding version of this song.


(an Oscar de la Renta interview) (BONUS VIDEO!)
This was a fun deal, right? Well, let me end on a sad note. We lost one of the greatest fashion designers of all time recently- Oscar de la Renta. He was the first fashion designers I admired and respected. One of the all-time greats in the fashion industry. He could make almost any woman fabulous. He had that magical touch and that gentleman charisma.

Too good to leave as a regular link, here is the embedded video:


Rest in peace, Oscar de la Renta. Your legacy will live on for generations to come.


Thank you for checking out my latest "Wayback Wednesday" post!





I hope you enjoyed this selection of old songs. Subscribe and Follow my blog(s) if you enjoy my online work. I enjoyed finding these songs for you all. Thanks for checking out my posts! Have a great day/night and thank you for reading!

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger