Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wayback Wednesday: Nov. 5, 2014

John B. Marine | 11/05/2014 03:16:00 AM | | |
Another #WaybackWednesday post is on the way with more old stuff. I usually feature old songs (at least 5 years old) in these posts. Besides music, other material may be featured. Want to take a little trip back in time? You're in luck! Welcome to "Wayback Wednesday" here on John's Blog Space!





--- Wayback Wednesday: How it Works ---

Wayback Wednesday on JBS
Welcome to Wayback Wednesday on John's Blog Space!

Most of what I select for "Wayback Wednesday" primarily consists of music videos. Rather than share with fans, I usually share YouTube videos among friends in my Facebook profile. Most of what I share are selections based on a certain group of songs I want to feature. I want to label it as "Wayback Wednesday" for the sake of hashtag usage. The proper person in me knows it is "Way Back Wednesday" rather than "Wayback Wednesday." The main criteria element is that the material must be at least five years old. So as of this blog post, all Wayback Wednesday features material from 2009 or earlier. Nothing from 2010 or later will be featured. All Wayback Wednesday selections go in chronological order from earliest to oldest. So more recent material is featured before going to least recent material. For example, a song from 2003 will be shown followed by a song either from that same year or before 2003.

Here's the quick rundown:
• material that is at least five years old is featured.
• selected material is from more recent to less recent.
• not every selection is music.

This is a sample post:

Wayback Wednesday: (Month Day, Year)

(song arist - song title, or title) (year)
(description)
(link to video)

I decide to post just a link to the video rather than slow down the performance of my blog with embedded YouTube videos. Links to some videos may or may not be available all the time. You're basically clicking at your own discretion in this sense.


Depending on traffic and other considerations, I may start this as a common feature of my blog. Having said all of this... let's begin!



--- Wayback Wednesday: Selections ---

Here are the songs I've selected for this Wednesday. Click on the links to view the YouTube videos associated with the individual songs.

If you like to comment, feel free to let me know which songs you like from this list I selected.


Wayback Wednesday: November 5, 2014

Enjoy these selections! :)


Edun - Put 'em Up (2007)
How about some good old dance music? I know I featured Edun in one of my Beauties-themed posts... I think my African Beauties post. Edun is of Nigerian-Russian descent. So I'm sure she's somewhere among the African Beauties and the Eastern European Beauties. Go ahead and groove to this one. Just do one thing- put 'em up! Class of 2007, represent!


Enur - Calabria (2007)
A number of times on local radio, I've heard the hip-hop style remix of this song. Well, you're getting the dance version of this song here. Enjoy this 2007 song, everyone!


Mike Jones - Back Then (2004)
Some Houston hip-hop is coming up for my next two selections. I'm sure my own Houston/Galveston area folks can appreciate me posting this material to continue this week's Wayback Wednesday post. "Back then, they didn't want me. Now I'm hot, they all on me." That's the clean version of this song's chorus. Want to hear this song in its raw form? Check this song out. WARNING: Bad language!


Mike Jones Feat. Slim Thug & Paul Wall - Still Tippin' (HQ / Dirty) (2004)
Slim Thug. Mike Jones. Paul Wall. Enjoy some of the big names in Houston hip-hop here. That even includes the legendary Swishahouse label here in Houston. WARNING: Bad language!


Janet Jackson - All For You (2001)
Want something groovy and fun? Janet Jackson may have the song for you. In fact, it's all for you. Feel free to enjoy this 2001 track!


Mandy Moore - I Want to be With You (1999)
Mandy Moore provides this beautiful song from 1999. Nothing "hardcore," nothing "epic," nothing "bad ass," this is just sweet and melodic. Listen and enjoy.


Brittney Spears - Baby One More Time (1999)
Yes. I went there. Some girl was born in Mississippi and raised in Louisiana. This girl is named Brittney Spears- who would become a real icon of the mid-late 1990s along with her (I guess) rival Christina Aguilera. Girls wanted to be her, all the way to belly-baring tops and low-rise bottoms. This is a must-play song if you're planning some '90s party. Yes- I went "there" by picking this 1999 song as part of this week's Wayback Wednesday. You're welcome.


The Prodigy - Serial Thrilla (1997)
Many people know Prodigy for one of the all-time hit songs of the 1990s- "Firestarter." While yours truly also enjoy that song, The Prodigy does have some other great songs. This is one of them- Serial Thrilla.


Monica - Before You Walk Out of My Life (1995)
I was never crazy about Monica. However, I always thought she was such a fine singer. One of my favorites of hers is this song called "Before You Walk Out of my Life." Beautiful singing, great vocals... classic '90s R&B is what I'm giving you here. Enjoy it. By the way... from YouTube comments I read about this song, did you know that Monica was barely age 14 when she came up with this song?


Lionel Richie - You Are (1983)
When you don't know what a song is and who sings it, you sometimes try to remember a song by its lyrics. Enter this one. I knew the chorus had "You are the sun..." in its chorus. That led me to find this song for you all. Ladies and gentlemen worldwide, I give you Lionel Richie. "You Are" was released the same year and month I was born- January 1983. So folks, welcome to 1983!


Michael Jackson - Rock With You (1979)
Your parents probably grooved to this song at the disco clubs. One of my personal favorite Michael Jackson songs is "Rock With You." Listen to this one to hear why. This is 1979!


The Temptations - Papa Was a Rolling Stone (1972)
Finally, it's time I tempt you with some Temptations. This song has always been such a catchy tune to me. This final song in this week's Wayback Wednesday is a throwback to 1972. Neither me nor my brother were born when this song was released. I'm presenting you the long version of this song- the almost 12-minute version of it!


This concludes another "Wayback Wednesday" post of mine.





What material did you enjoy? Did I even bring back some memories for you? :) Feel free to comment at will. Thank you for reading!

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

1 comments:

John B. Marine said...

wonderful selection...I like that Janet Jackson's song- as far as I can remember she has never made a bad song!:) right?

Brittney...who hasn't hear THAT song? It's not my kind of music, but from all the pop singers out there (many modeled on her), I think she stands out and deserves some credit for being the first in many things...and for having some really good songs- I would even compare her to Madonna. Not the best singer that ever lived, but in many ways an icon.

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger