Monday, August 21, 2017

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8-inch Tablet

John B. Marine | 8/21/2017 11:25:00 PM | | | |
7 inch tablet or 10 inch? Samsung provides an 8-inch tablet. An 8-inch slots in between the quality of a 10-inch, but the portability of a 7. So the Galaxy Tab A 8-inch could be what you need if you love Samsung. Should you get one if you are considering getting a tablet PC? I'll offer my thoughts to you on this tablet as I bought one some time ago.

NOTE: I bought this Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8-inch with my tablet. I was not contacted by Samsung or anybody to provide this review. This review is based on my own personal experience using this.






Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8-Inch


Get to know the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8-inch tablet:

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8-inch
^ from: www.amazon.com - This is Samsung's eight-inch tablet from the ever popular Galaxy line.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8-inch tablet offers you some great power. Why an eight-inch tablet? Why not seven or even ten inches? Take it from me- when I first bought the Samsung Galaxy Player 3.6 followed by the Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2, I needed something more practical and more useful to serve as my gateway to cyberspace outside of my PC. Something more practical means I had to pick up a tablet. When I had my Hisense Sero 7 Pro (a 7-inch tablet), I had that practical tablet. When the Wi-Fi went out on it, I needed to get something to replace it. An eight-inch tablet is larger than a regular seven-inch tablet, but not as massive as a ten-inch tablet. So a slightly-larger tablet would do the trick for me while still providing my daily online consumption needs.

So enter the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8-inch tablet. It is a slightly larger tablet than your basic seven-inch tablet. It is big, but doesn't feel overwhelmingly big. It is still a tablet you can use for taking in online media or handling certain PC tasks on the go. Or just have it around to utilize a Wi-Fi network. The Galaxy Tab A 8-inch utilizes Wi-Fi, but the Galaxy Tab E 8-inch can take on connectivity from mobile carriers. To my knowledge, this tablet comes in three colors: White, Smoky Titanium, and Smoky Blue. The one I have for this review is in Smoky Titanium.


(Some) Specifications.

Unlike the previous tablet I had, this tablet is packing 16GB of storage unlike the Tab E Lite 7-inch's 8GB of storage. It also packs Android "Marshmallow." It is the first Android "Marshmallow" device I've ever used and my first time using "Marshmallow." It is also the first Android device I owned offering more than 8GB of internal storage. There is a 2 megapixel front-facing camera and a 5 megapixel rear camera. The tablet communicates only using Wi-Fi. However, and if you prefer this eight-inch tablet, you can get versions of the Galaxy Tab E 8-inch tablet with various carriers such as Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, and more. A 4.2K mAh, non-removable, rechargeable battery powers this tablet. A 1.2GHz Quad Core processor powers the Galaxy Tab A 8-inch carrying 1.5GB LPDDR3 RAM. This tablet is capable of playing 1080p video with its 1024x768 resolution. It runs the full Android suite with Touchwiz. Up to a 128GB microSD card can be inserted into this device for loads more storage than the stock 16GB this device packs.


Initial Thoughts.

This tablet offers a very nice displaying experience. You can do split screen action with this tablet. You can set up half of the screen for one program, but then use another program to use. You can then multitask with this tablet nicely. The tablet isn't huge, but is a bit more troublesome than with the 7-inch Galaxy Tab E Lite I had previously. It's not that bad, though. You can still nicely hold the tablet in one hand while using your other hand to tap the screen and stuff or to use a stylus (like I do). I haven't tested the cameras, but I did play a bit trying to see how to use the front-facing camera. I could easily see myself doing video chats or video calls with this device. There is no flash with the cameras, so you're going to need a good amount of light to look fairly decent or to take decent photos. Otherwise, that's why you use a more capable smartphone or a camera for your pictures.

When you buy this device, you can get yourself some deals and some perks. For example, you can get a free eBook each month for up to one year using Kindle for Samsung when you buy this tablet. You will need to set up a Samsung account to be able to take advantage of these offers.




Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8-Inch: Final Thoughts


Samsung did great delivering a tablet that slots in between a portable 7-inch and a more than capable 10-inch. For merely the most basic of mobile device usage, this tablet will set you well. I admit I do miss some of the nice features of the Galaxy Tab E Lite when I sold it, notably the charming water ripple effect when you swipe to unlock. This is still a tablet good for mobile media consumption. You won't get anything other than Wi-Fi with the Galaxy Tab A, but you can get the Galaxy Tab E 8-inch if you want connectivity from mobile carriers. I actually didn't want to get the Galaxy Tab 8-Inch initially because it was out of my budget. With a little financial help (thanks, mom!), I got it and actually don't really regret getting this over the Galaxy Tab A 7-inch I originally wanted to get. I still wouldn't mind getting that Galaxy Tab A 7-inch to be honest. The Galaxy Tab A 8-inch is a more than suitable replacement for my Hisense Sero 7 Pro.

I didn't get into things like gaming or anything with the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8-inch because I don't consider myself a mobile gamer. However, you can still pretty much be able to play a lot of casual mobile games with this tablet. So play your Candy Crush or whatever with this tablet proudly.


The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8-inch retails for about $199 USD. If my review interested you, here is the tablet I reviewed, available on Amazon:



This post was about the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8-inch. I tried to offer some resources to the Galaxy Tab E 8-inch in case you may be interested, but was unable to find any resources.





As much technology as I review and feature, it would be great if I could actually be able to either purchase more products or perhaps get certain quality material for free to expand the range of topics in my main blog. People don't get these kinds of breaks unless people legitimately see your blog as something useful and if people actually value your work enough to want to sponsor you or offer you things. I sure want to be seen as some sort of elite or some sort of quality blogger enough to get really good stuff. Money and talent aside, I care about one thing- providing quality material for the blogosphere. You being here and reading this makes me happy. Maybe I can continue to keep you interested. Subscribe and Follow my work if you enjoy it. And as always... thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger