Friday, August 11, 2017

Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite 7-inch Tablet

John B. Marine | 8/11/2017 02:58:00 AM | | | |
The Samsung Galaxy Tab E=Lite is a 7-inch tablet from Samsung. This is my first tablet from the Korean manufacturer. I bought this tablet when I was originally seeking another tablet. Samsung's entry level tablet is the E Lite. Could the E Lite really be called "elite?" Well, you'll see what I think in this blog review.

NOTE: I bought this tablet with my own money from a store. So this is a legit purchase and review. I wasn't contacted or anything to get this tablet. Then too, it would be cool to have stuff to review by having material provided to me, but that's another story for another time.






Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite 7-Inch


Here is a look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite 7-Inch:

Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite 7-inch
^ from: www.samsung.com - The Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite 7-inch is an entry-level tablet PC from Samsung.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite 7-inch is the lowest-spec tablet in the Galaxy Tab range. This tablet delivers many of the base essentials for most mobile device users. It is a quality tablet that doesn't cost a whole lot. In fact, I bought mine from Wal-Mart for (tax included) $106 USD. If you want a seven-inch tablet from Samsung, the top-of-the-line version is the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7-inch.

As my Hisense Sero 7 Pro's Wi-Fi gave out on me, I was looking for something to move on from this tablet. The Hisense tablet served me well, but I really wanted to go with something more modern. I actually was shopping at a Wal-Mart for the Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 I mentioned in a recent "John's Blog Space" post. When the store didn't have that tablet in stock, I went ahead and bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite. I then went ahead to try to get accustomed to this new tablet. I also


(Some) Specifications.

The Galaxy Tab E Lite 7-inch has a 1.3 GHz processor and 1GB of RAM. It has 8GB of storage, but you can also expand its memory by about 32GB with a microSD card. It runs Android 4.4.1- Android "Kitkat." To my knowledge, I don't think it is upgradable to any higher versions of Android. The tablet is available with Wi-Fi connectivity. If you want connectivity through something like a mobile carrier or any LTE type connectivity, seek Samsung's Galaxy Tab 8-inch or larger Galaxy Tab tablets. The Galaxy Tab E Lite only comes in white for what I know. There is no front-facing camera, but you do get a 2.0 MP camera. The tablet comes with a rear-facing speaker to the left of the camera. It has a resolution of 1024x600 resolution with its VSVGA display.


Software Interface.

Anyone familiar with Samsung mobile devices may be familiar with Touchwiz. You get the suite of Google apps. I even noticed a Google folder of items when I first set up my tablet. An app I liked among the offered apps is Flipboard. I may review Flipboard in the future, but it is a nice program for getting news from various sites. Rather than the stock Android browser, you get Google Chrome. So if you prefer something other than Chrome for web browsing, you can freely choose some other app from the Google Play Store.

This is my first experience that I know of with Android Kitkat. I had to introduce myself to what this tablet has to offer as opposed to what I was used to with the Android "Jellybean" interface of my Hisense Sero 7 Pro. I had to adjust myself to get used to some of the changes Android "KitKat" provides as opposed to my time with "Gingerbread" and "Jellybean." The interface is beautiful and colorful for one. When the Samsung Galaxy S3 was released, its calling card was that it was "inspired by nature." I was reminded of this when I mostly swipe to unlock the Galaxy Tab E Lite 7-inch. Swiping provides a beautiful watery effect with ripples. At one point in my research prior to this post, I noted this interface can do the multitasking of certain programs. I had one window with Chrome working and another with Google Play working. I didn't go hardcore with this, but it was pretty cool having both programs working even on a 7-inch tablet.

The tablet comes pre-installed with various Google apps ranging from Google Play to Google Music, Google Books, Google Maps, and more. The tablet even comes with Samsung's own suite of apps. The tablet was meant to be fun even for children. To that end, there is a Samsung Kids app to excite the little ones. The Samsung Kids app is free, but you will need to pay monthly or annually to use the Samsung Kids service.


Surprising Elements.

Two things actually surprise me about this table. For one- there is no vibration motor for this tablet. There is also no lighting for the buttons on this tablet. So you will have to make sure you have some light to know where to find the non-capacitive buttons. You can jack in headphones, but you can still hear the regular sound effects you either set or implement. The headphones mostly are for private listening to things like games, videos, music, and more. The back is a bit slippery, so be careful holding onto it.


Final Thoughts.

If you want an all-in-one tablet to be the end-all of tablets, you are NOT going to find it with this tablet. While it is not a top-level tablet, it IS a very respectable low-end tablet from a quality company like Samsung. Unless you can't afford it, you may want to pick up the Galaxy Tab A 7-inch. (Figures from the Samsung Mobile site) Whereas the Galaxy Tab E Lite 7-inch retails for about $99 USD, the Galaxy Tab A 7-inch retails for about $149 USD. Forget about this tablet if you are thinking of having something outside of Wi-Fi connectivity.

I don't want to sound mean, but you don't NEED a tablet with every last bell and whistle and every benchmark beast. This Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite 7-inch tablet lacks a lot of features that would make most people would associate with being a top-level tablet. You're not going to play Asphalt 8 Airborne as fluidly as a Triple-A level game on a PlayStation 4 or an XBOX One X with the Galaxy Tab E Lite However, this budget tablet still does a lot of the basic tasks with little or no compromise. You can live with a lot of what this tablet has to offer for its price point. It is a very basic tablet, but it isn't a boring one. You don't need to make too many sacrifices to enjoy this tablet PC. Samsung makes some quality products, and even this budget tablet is as solid as their more expensive, more capable offerings. Definitely do NOT overlook this tablet if you are wanting to buy a decent 7-inch tablet. It will handle a lot of the different needs with little or no compromise.

You can say that the E Lite is "e-lite" in delivering many of the basics of a modern tablet while still being fairly useful to many audiences and cater to many media needs of many people. If you can live with the shortcomings the Galaxy Tab E Lite 7-inch has (and you actually can live with them), you can do no wrong picking up this tablet.


A Future Review?

I was kind of thinking of exchanging the Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite 7-inch for a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7-inch. Perhaps if I succeed in doing so, you may see a future review here on "John's Blog Space" offering my thoughts on the Galaxy Tab A 7-inch.


Your participation in the next section is voluntary, but I would surely like for you to participate and support my work any way you can if you enjoy it.






Samsung Online


For all things Samsung, visit www.samsung.com, or www.samsung.com/us/ for my American readers.

For various Samsung items, please look around here:




Again- please support my work any way you can. You don't have to, but I would appreciate any and all support.





Thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger