Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Renewed Focus

John B. Marine | 5/31/2023 09:37:00 PM | | | |
Blogging has earned me some popularity. From blogging on Myspace (which I still have mine!) to going to Blogger/Blogspot, I have enjoyed some popularity and fame. I collaborated with others. I allowed guest posts. Despite all of this, my popularity blogging as well as raking in popularity has waned in recent years. Even fears during the height of COVID-19/Coronavirus have limited my blogging ways as well as lessen my confidence in blogging. Even still, blogging is my biggest outlet towards expression. I feel it is the best way I can contribute to society. It remains that way even today. For this blog post, I discuss how I plan to level up. And more importantly, I want to showcase a renewed focus.






Renewed Focus


I feel what I blog about matters to at least somebody. I feel there is importance in each topic to someone. I do not want to simply post material just to get cheap attention. I also do not use my blog as a means of attack. Especially considering what blogging has done for me, I felt great meeting new people and even connecting to like-minded individuals throughout my time blogging. I took my "John's Blog Space" blog from being a blog specific to the Gran Turismo series to being my primary outlet of expression. As I wanted to focus on niche blogs, I made five different niche blogs. Four of the five still exist.


My Blogging Retrospective (2009-2023).

Let's see some of the highlights of my blogging:

• I was pleased I got to meet fashion bloggers and other personalities when I discussed fashion and meet new people. Some of them even got to be friends of mine on social media. This pertained to discussing fashion along with noting certain lovely individuals worldwide.

• I once experimented with blogging about Oceania and the South Pacific. This opened my eyes to a part of the world I didn't think would garner so much blog support. I even made posts from time to time with this theme.

• To help educate people about things as well as offer some shopping resources for certain paying individuals, I was able to enjoy getting people to shop for material based on relevant material in my blog posts. This helped me to discuss things while also help treat people to some shopping. When I attempted to devote an entire blog towards shopping, that blog did not work because there was one specific topic that got more attention than anything, and I did not feel comfortable for that blog being famous for that topic. So I discontinued it.

• When I devoted another blog to the Gran Turismo series and Tourist Trophy, I later decided to devote it to racing and driving games in general. That enhanced the scope of my work while also reducing stress to stay in one specific category.

• Devoting an entire blog to fashion/beauty seemed logical to make for something I had a lot of interest in. This gave me the opportunity to discuss fashion the way I want to. I also did so in a number of ways different from any regular fashion blog.

• Though my life issues blog is the youngest of my blogs and does not get as many views for its blogging content, it is popular because people visit my "Helpful Resources" for it. Those are a handful of sites I set up to help people with a variety of life issues. During the height of COVID19/Coronavirus, I added some COVID-19/Coronavirus resources to help others. Legitimate companies and groups have loved my Helpful Resources to where they want me to add their sites to my list of Helpful Resources. The popularity of that helped me to make a second set of resources devoted to the LGBT+ community. Even though not as many people view my blog posts in my life issues blog, at least the Helpful Resources have helped keep it relevant.


My Blogging Now.

Without as much activity as I used to when blogging, I have experienced slumps. A lot of people even went to vlogging and not really be about typing up things anymore. I used to feel happy knowing I got about five figure blog hits for a month or even be north of 5K blog hits a month. Now, especially with John's Blog Space, I am fortunate I even get over 2K blog hits a month. I also note I don't have as many visitors willing to do any shopping based on content in my posts. Maybe I struggle from trying to drive legitimate traffic to other sites or even make some passable income from my work. I even got dropped from Amazon Associates as I failed to generate any sales for a successive number of years. This meant I had to try to get rid of my past Amazon content.

I have reached a stage where while blogging is what I feel I can do best, I have lost a lot of the steam and drive I had back when I was a more successful blogger. I know and believe people can bounce back and even rediscover their past glory. I also do not consider my blogging dead or give up on blogging. I keep going because I have a voice as a blogger, and I want my opinions to be known to the world.


Now let me discuss what I have tried to do to try to bring new life to my blogs.




Renewed Focus: Plans


I can not just leave my blogs as they are. In recent times, I took on some more aggressive blogging tactics and even explore options to enhance my blogging on the business side.

One measure I took up recently was take part in making Sale Alert posts. I want people to be able to look into these offers and make good on them. A younger me wouldn't try to partake in anything that make me feel more like a marketer than a blogger. Because I feel there is importance and incentive to blog, I feel trying to financially profit is just as important of expressing status as much as blogging from the heart about whatever interests you most.

If there is a topic I discuss that can be further expressed by linking visitors to other sites for shopping, I have reworked a lot of my posts to take advantage of this. The important thing here is to expand the topic and the learning experience. So I want to reflect by giving people the chance to broaden the experience. I am even going as far as updating many of my previous blog posts to offer new experiences. Since my Amazon time came to an end, I am looking for new ways to financially profit for my work. I even joined Payhip before eventually going from Payhip to Ko-Fi.

One thing that has slown down my blogging love is one thing you don't think would mean much. That thing? I have struggled finding a way to make my own blog template. I haven't updated my templates in years. I had some themed sets such as "Sea of Stars" for "John's Blog Space." Part of the reason why I have not looked for new blog templates is because I thought of creating my own. I may look for some new templates just to update the look of my blogs. The ultimate goal, is to make something of my own to give my blogs the right sort of appeal. I love the idea of responsive templates. I want to make something to work for desktop browsing as well as browsing on smartphones and tablets. Exclusive for desktop browsers, I want to jazz up things a bit for those who view on some higher resolutions.

What has been a struggle for me has been getting consistent engagement. I want to improve getting engagement for my work as well. I get only so much feedback from readers and visitors.

If it is possible, it would even be interesting to collaborate with entities to seek better financial opportunities while still providing solid blog posts. Some did me wrong in the past, and so I am hopeful to get some solid support from certain entities.


I know I can uplift my "dead" blogs from the ashes and give them new life. Even if people gave up on me, I haven't given up on blogging! So I am doing anything I can to return to my former glory (or even surpass it).

Now that you know my plans with my renewed focus blogging, I hope you can appreciate what I am trying to do in trying to get back to a great level of blogging. I don't know if my best blogging years will return (views and making money), but I will at least make an effort to make a living as a blogger and as a producer of various online content.





Thank all of you for getting an understanding of what I am trying to do and where I am trying to go. I try to be transparent where and when I can. Help me realize my vision so I can feel my happiest as a blogger and content creator. If you enjoy my work, please Subscribe/Follow my blog(s) in any capacity if you love my work and want to support me any way you can. Share my blog post(s) with others if you enjoy my work. Thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

Visit my JohnMarineDesigns Weebly site, subscribe to My Blog(s), and/or Follow on Bloglovin! Let's connect:
Contact Me via E-Mail Contact Me via Discord

(donations are voluntary)
Visit and Subscribe to My Blogs...
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS) Subscribe to John's Life Space (JLS)
Get Social With Me!
Facebook (Friends) Facebook (Fans) Twitter YouTube
Pinterest LinkedIn (professionals only) TikTok Discord
Support My Creative Works!
JMDesigns John on Envato
Patreon Soundcloud Bandcamp
Twitch OpenGameArt TurboSquid
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger