My "Plus Size Fashion" has earned me a good deal of respect as I got to meet many plus size ladies online. In support of my readers, I will bring this post among my most recent posts for only a limited time. This is to help some of my newer readers get to enjoy one of my most popular blog posts from the past. So if you've never seen this post before, here is your chance to enjoy one of my most popular posts from the past.
Every girl deserves to look fabulous at any age and at any size. This blog entry concerns fashion for larger people (primarily females). I'm going to try to choose my words carefully, because the last thing I want to do is offend any of my readers. This blog entry features various fashions for larger figures. It is also one of a few blog entries where I almost exclusively discuss certain designers. So rather than a type of clothing, what you're getting is a look at various fashion items made for plus size women. Whether the term is plus size, full-figured, curvy, or whatever... this blog entry is all about fashion for larger sizes because real women have curves.
It's devoted to you curvy ladies out there reading my blog!
NOTE (July 10, 2011): I had accidentally replaced this post with my "Sweet Petite!" post. I have since brought back the last saved version of "Plus Size Fashion."
NOTES ON THIS POST:Originally posted: April 15, 2010 at 10:03 PM Pacific Time
LATEST UPDATE:JUL 19 2012 - edited a link to a featured blog
--- Plus-Size Fashions at a Glance ---I said earlier that every female deserves to look as fabulous as she wants, regardless of her size or age. A lot of us become preoccupied with slender and slim personalities that a lot of people usually push aside most non-slender ladies. Something I often feel sad about is that people just hate on plus size women and for people who think don't think they look lovely at all. In my view, I've known a good number of beautiful curvy ladies. Plus size women can be just as beautiful as any slender lady. Here are some pictures to prove the point:
^ from: neby.fr - A plus size woman wearing a lovely party dress and some cute sandals.
^ from: amazon.com - a beautiful long dress from plus-size fashion specialist, Kiyonna.
^ from: fullfigureplus.com - This picture may change your mind if you don't believe plus size women can be beautiful. The model in this image is Shay Shaunte'. Check her out on modelmayhem.com/alwaysshay, or you can visit her official website at shayshaunte.com.
--- Plus-Size Beauty! ---ATTENTION: If you want to see my blog post regarding beautiful curvy women, including plus size models, bloggers, and more; PLEASE visit my blog post below:
"Plus Size Beauties - the World Tour!" on John's Blog Space
Otherwise, meet some beautiful plus size women here:
These are some curvy celebrities whom I think are beautiful:
^ from: movies.about.com - Nikki Blonsky, actress and singer from the New York City area.
I hate musicals (meaning, I've never seen "Hairspray"). I'm sick of '80s fandom. However, young Nikki Blonsky is absolutely beautiful. Her hair is beautiful along with her pretty face and smile. She is also a singer with a beautiful voice.
(Related Reading) I blogged about Nikki Blonsky. You can read my blog post on Nikki by reading "Nikki Blonsky."
^ from: deceiver.com - American Idol 2007 winner and talented recording artist Jordin Sparks from Glendale, AZ, USA.
American Idol champion, Jordin Sparks, is a fantastic singer. I love how sweet her voice is when singing while also being accompanied by some awesome music. The young Arizona singer has a wide and beautiful smile and lovely hair. Her sense of style is amazing as well.
^ from: snarkerati.com - recording artist, Jennifer Hudson from Chicago, IL, USA.
Jennifer Hudson is a singer whom I've grown to respect over time. Jennifer Hudson has a fantastic voice and looks like a goddess. The Chicago, Illinois native is beautiful both singing and in looks. UPDATE: (AUG 24 2010): Jennifer Hudson has recently lost weight, but I STILL think she is absolutely beautiful.
Want to see more beautiful curvy women (including bloggers)? Last call to visit my post about beautiful plus size women:
"Plus Size Beauties - the World Tour" on John's Blog Space
Now, let's move on to the next section.
--- Plus Size Fashion: Plus-Size Fashion on YouTube ---Do you like being on YouTube? I've found some YouTube channels you might be interested in if you love being on YouTube. Check these out:
• Torrid on YouTube (TorridFashions)
^ The YouTube channel to Torrid Fashions. Their fashions are youthful and cute.
• Kiyonna on YouTube (KiyonnaClothingInc)
^ Kiyonna specializes in classy plus size fashions. Their fashions are beautiful.
More will be added in future edits.
--- Plus Size Fashion (or "Fatshion") Blogs ---This section features plus size ladies not afraid to showcase their style to you. These are all blogs I've found online that may be of interest to you if you want to check out plus size fashion blogs. I regularly comment on most of these. If you want to check out some other fashion blogs featuring curvy ladies, check these out:
Fofoleca (Portuguese language).Though her blog is mostly in Portuguese, Vanessa (or "Vanny") Ferriera is the owner of "Fofoleca." This Brazilian blogger is VERY cute, boasting a sweet face and a sweeter smile. Her game is on fashion as well as in beauty. She posts various fashion outfits as well as some of her makeup touches. Pay a visit to this Brazilian beauty's blog, Fofoleca, today!
Dolly Mixx, her own line of fashion accessories. Her fashion creativity will awe you ranging from cute dresses to lots of Gothic lolita-inspired pieces. Check out "Cupcake's Clothes" and be inspired!
More plus size fashion blogs may be added in the future to better service my audience.
--- Plus Size Fashion: Plus-Size Specialists ---NOTE: Click on the "John's Shop Space" graphic to shop for plus size fashions from Amazon that I've picked out for you.
This section features fashion items from plus-size fashion specialists. I try to feature fashions from a few plus size specialists, but one will not be included in this section. I can't find too many items from Kiyonna to feature multiple clothes from.
Here are Amazon links to the brands I will feature in this section:
• Torrid Store on Amazon (up to 5X sizes) - trendy fashions for Plus Size teens and young adults
• eVogues Apparel on Amazon (up to 5X Sizes) - trendy fashions for Plus Size teens and young adults
• eVogues Apparel (Amazon Link) - sexy fashions for Plus Size women
• PacificPlex on Amazon (up to 3X Sizes) - beautiful fashions for average size Juniors and Women, but also available for Plus Size Juniors and Women.
• Kiyonna on Amazon (up to 5X sizes) - classy fashions for Plus Size women
• BBW Boutique (up to 8X sizes) - fashions for large to much larger (as in up to 8X Plus) women
Most of the material previously featured below is pretty much not available, so I want any interested shoppers to please visit my secondary blog to find plus size fashion items you might like based on material I've found on Amazon. The sections below have been replaced with Amazon widgets. But if you want some commentary of my own on plus size fashions I've found on Amazon for you, please visit my secondary blog.
If you want to shop for individual items from these designers and for many more plus size fashion items, please click on "Read More" to read more of this blog entry! But really, I recommend you visit my secondary blog if you want to shop for fashions I've found for you on Amazon. I'm making over a number of my blog entries to move Amazon content to my shopping-seclusive secondary blog. Click on the image below to visit my secondary blog entry featuring Plus Size fashion. Designers featured include Torrid, eVogues Apparel, PacificPlex, Kiyonna, BBW Boutique, and more! So click on the image below if you want to shop for plus size fashion that I've found for you:
Remember- all Amazon content and my commentary on certain items have been moved over to my secondary blog. So make sure to visit if you want to see some items I've found on Amazon for you. The items below in widgets do not contain any sizing information or anything else you need to know, so visit my other blog for more items.
Here are more options for you all. If you would like to shop for plus size fashion, I have included some links for you to visit. The links below take you to the official websites of each designer and retailer represented. Each of these designers either specialize in plus size fashion or offer plus size fashion to others. These are the official home pages of these designers and not Amazon links. For Amazon material, visit my "Plus Size Fashion" blog entry on John's Shop Space.
Featured.• Torrid (official site) - sizes up to 5X
• eVogues Apparel (official site) sizes up to 5X
• Kiyonna (official site) sizes up to 5X
• BBW Boutique (official site) sizes up to 8X
• PacificPlex (official site) features regular sizes, but also plus sizes up to 3X to even 5X
• Beach Belle Swimwear (on swimsuitsforall.com) (plus size swimwear specialist; sizes ranging from 18W to 24W)
• Fashion Bug (plus size fashions for US sizes 6 up to US size 30)
• ASOS Curve (USA ASOS Site)
• Sexy Plus Clothing (Canada)
Featured (from "Curvy Canadian...and Fashion")(added: December 22, 2011)
I want to let you know that I found these links courtesy of "Canadian Blogger: A Blog Abou Canadian Plus Size Clothing and Fashion":
Here are more plus size fashion shopping resources. Some of these offer international shipping if you intend on shopping internationally from these retailers/designers:
• Alight - retailer of plus size fashions.
• Anna Scholz - plus size fashions for women.
• Ashley Stewart - fashions for plus size women ranging from clothes to intimates to footwear.
• ASOS Curve - the plus size-exclusive lineup of fashions from the very popular ASOS.
• B & Lu - trendy plus size fashions for Juniors.
• Cacique - lingerie for plus size women. Kind of like a Victoria's Secret for curvy women.
• City Chic (Australia) - Australia's premier retailer of plus size fashions.
• Domino Dollhouse (United Kingdom) - A United Kingdom retailer of cute plus size fashions.
• Evans (United Kingdom) - UK retailer offering many fashion items including clothes, intimates, and shoes for Plus Size women.
• Fashion Bug - a popular store offering many Plus Size fashion items.
• Fashion to Figure - Various fashion items for plus size women.
• Figuresque - from fun to flirty, many Plus Size fashions offered for Plus Size women.
• Hips and Curves - Offers lingerie for Plus Size women.
• Junonia - various Plus Size fashion items, including lingerie and swimwear.
• Lane Bryant - the most recognized retailer of plus size fashions with many items offered.
• Monif C. - contemporary clothing for plus size women including swimsuits
• New Look: Inspire Line (United Kingdom) - a United Kingdom fashion retailer's Plus Size line
• Plus By Design - classy fashion for plus size women.
• Queen Grace Collection - beautiful formal-type fashions for Plus Size women.
• Sealed With a Kiss (SWAK) Designs - trendy fashions for plus size women.
• Second Denim -
• Style369 (United Kingdom) - UK retailer of clothes, intimates, swimwear, shoes, and more for plus size women.
• Torrid - wildly-popular retailer of fashions for plus size Juniors and young adults.
• WideWidths.Com - provider of footwear for Plus Size women.
SPECIAL NOTE (speaking of swimwear):
Visit these two links if you want more info on swimsuits...
• "Swimsuits" on John's Blog Space - my blog post on swimsuits
• "Swimsuits" on John's Shop Space - my shopping post on swimsuits (includes some plus size swimsuits)
Others.• Lane Bryant
• Ashley Stewart
• Sealed With a Kiss (SWAK) Designs
• Faith 21 (Forever 21's Plus Size line)
• Gayle Bentley
• (ADDED: February 24, 2012) PLUS FOR US
Here are some plus size fashions on Amazon (read "An Important Amazon Note" in the sidebar for more information on Amazon items):
Finally, here are items for all things Plus Size on ShopStyle. These are various items offered on ShopStyle with plus size women in mind:
--- Final Thoughts on Plus Size Fashion ---Every female deserves to look as fabulous as she wants. Just because not every girl is Barbie doll slim doesn't mean they still can't look fabulous. You can definitely be plus/extended size and look your absolute best. You don't have to lose weight just to find certain clothes to best suit you. If you want to lose weight, by all means go for it. However, a plus/extended size female can still look and feel beautiful in the clothes she wears.
In addition to having plus size fashion options available, you have to credit designers and retailers that offer and dedicate themselves to making EVERY female look fabulous. It wouldn't be very pleasing to only offer quality fashions only to average size women. Besides- you're alienating a certain audience. Even if you have to go to certain tailors to get items tailor-made for your plus/extended size frame, at least there are types out there willing to help you look your absolute best.
So curvy ladies... rock your curves and look your best! :D
Thank you for reading! Come back soon!
|"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!|
|Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS)||Subscribe to John's Shop Space (JSS)||Subscribe to John's Gran Turismo Space (JGTS)||Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)|