Friday, January 14, 2011

Birthdays

John B. Marine | 1/14/2011 01:19:00 AM | | | |
With my birthday on January 15, I decided to blog about birthdays in general. There's a lot that goes on in my mind as someone celebrates another year of existence. Maybe the main thing that goes in my mind is... "I've lived THIS long?" Either that, or "I can't believe I made it through another year of the good, the bad, and the ugly."

A birthday is absolutely worth celebrating because you made it through some 365 (or 366 if it's a Leap Year) days, and you're about to try to live through another 365 or 366 days. I sometimes don't even realize I've endured a whole year before even thinking about the fact that I will be living for another year (and hopefully many more down the road). So a birthday is something you definitely celebrate and honor.

That's why we have these celebrations- you made it this far, and you have people who love and respect you so much that they wish you a happy birthday. Do you go through a new year thinking it's going to be a disaster? No. Do you celebrate another year of your life hoping that you have a horrible one or even die? No (and you need help if you actually do think your life is nearing an end as you celebrate another year of your life). You go into the new year with new hope, and you celebrate another year of your life with new hope.

What if you're a Leap Baby (meaning you were born on February 29th), though? You usually celebrate on March 1st, but maybe have a real birthday party for those times when February 29th rolls around. Still- you've lived for quite some time with hopes of another year of your life to be happy and prosperous. So celebrate living for one full year... and have happy prospects on living another full year, and many more happier years of your life ahead.



Oh... and January 15, 2011 marks my 28th birthday. ^_^ So feel free (if you wish) to wish me a...


^ from: www.dodgeboard.com - Happy Birthday!

...if you like! :) I appreciate the support of all of my fellow readers/subscribers.


If Today is YOUR Birthday in Reading This...

...happy birthday to you from me! Make a wish and blow out the candles on the birthday cake, birthday boy/girl! :)





Thank you for reading! Subscribe to my blog via FeedBurner (or any other aggregator in the sidebar)! Click on the graphics below to subscribe to both of my blogs, and also Become a Fan (or Like) my Facebook Fan Page:
* Subscribe to John's Blog Space!
* Subscribe to John's Shop Space! (http://jbmshopspace.blogspot.com)
* Subscribe to the all-new John's Gran Turismo Space! (http://johnsgtspace.blogspot.com)
Share this article

1 comments:

John B. Marine said...

So I read this on the 14th and was going to post "Happy Birthday" a day later but I completely forgot, sorry... So Belated Happy Birthday man. Here's looking at you, kid.

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger