Wednesday, January 13, 2010

One-Shoulder

John B. Marine | 1/13/2010 03:51:00 AM |
NOTE: This blog entry is in the process of being updated with new content.

Asymmetrical tops offer a touch of feminine charm. When held together by just one shoulder, the other shoulder offers a daring and romantic touch. One-shoulder tops and dresses combine just a regular sleeve or a strap with the sexy appeal of an off-shoulder top. A one-shoulder top can be like a tank top, or it can have just one beautifully-designed sleeve. One shoulder dresses and tunics offer the same kind of appeal, but with a lovelier shape. No matter what kind of one-shoulder top or dress you look for, you'll be very stylish.

Most of the images I'm providing are from Amazon.com. So be sure to click on the pictures if you like them.

NOTE: This blog entry contains links to Amazon products. You are welcome to click on images and links to learn more about each item or even purchase these items if you so choose. Please see "An Important Amazon Note" in my blog's sidebar to see more information on any Amazon items shown.



--- The One-Shoulder Top ---
When looking for one-shoulder tops, it's best to find a nicely-styled one that is both beautiful and sexy at the same time. I tend to like seeing one-shoulder tops that have a beautifully-designed sleeve or just one that has a nice tank top or sleeveless design. Sleeveless one-shoulder tops, like the one below (picture from Amazon)...

Sexy Sassy One Shoulder Ruched Top with Stylish Rhinestone Trim from Hot Fash Tops - OFELIA Black

...are simply bound together either by a strap or by a nicely-designed sleeveless portion of the top. The reason why I label it as a sleeveless one-shoulder top is because it simply does not have a sleeve to it. But one-shoulder tops WITH a sleeve, like the one below (picture from Amazon)...

ANIKAN Bright Floral One Shoulder Top

...have a sleeve to them. Many just have a very feminine sleeve to them. You know, like a flutter-sleeve. Some just have a simple sleeve that goes down to about the wrists or so. These tops can be very lovely to wear. And really, it's up to you whether you fancy a one-shoulder sleeveless or sleeved top. Just be sure to come along with a sweet look for it.



--- The One-Shoulder Tunic ---
Nothing is more feminine than a beautifully-styled tunic. Really, a tunic can be lovelier than a simple top or blouse. Especially a one-shoulder tunic can be very beautiful and feminine. Here's an example below (picture from Amazon):

Sexy Gray One Shoulder Plus Size Tunic Top - 1X

Note how this top has a beautifully-styled sleeve, but also some lovely side tie details. So it's the right combination of flirty and fashionable at the same time with little compromise. I think if I were to style someone with a one-shoulder tunic, it would have to be silky and smooth (well, I'm thinking warm weather) with a nice fabric. Maybe a satin or silky fabric with just a single strap.



--- The One-Shoulder Dress ---
All dresses come in three varieties- casual, semi-formal, and formal. The right kind of one-shoulder dress can provide a daring and sexy appearance. Even more so if it is a very beautiful and shapely dress. Some dresses have that versatility to be worn in the daytime and at night. Just trade shoes (and maybe a few accessories). It's best to go with a one-shoulder dress that has an elegant design. If you're going with a casual dress, it would be best to go with a one-shoulder dress that is just fun to wear on a normal day. Some of the semi-formal and formal one-shoulder dresses will need to have a soft and lovely fabric as well as a wonderful overall design. Some of the loveliest formal dresses would have to be some romantic one-shoulder sleeveless dresses. No matter how what you look for, make sure you show plenty of style and confidence sporting a daring one-shoulder dress.



--- My Ideal Model ---
Now it's time I challenge myself to envision a nice outfit. And I changed the name of "My Ideal Look" to "My Ideal Model." I usually try to envision my model and then try to find items online similar to my model. But this time, I won't do that. This would be my idea of a lovely one-shoulder look:

Top.
The one-shoulder deal I have in mind is a femme in a teal one-shoulder sleeveless top. The material is shiny and loose. It would be a lovely and shiny top to wear during a warm day.

Bottoms.
The bottoms I have in mind have to be a pair of slim or skinny jeans. They'd have to be indigo or very dark blue jeans.

Shoes.
The shoes for my model would depend. Either I'd go for a pair of black pointed-toe pumps, or a black pair of peep-toe pumps with a slingback design. On a hot day, I envision a pair of platform sandals with a cork base. The sandal straps would have to be strappy and colorful. Or perhaps to offset the blues, why not bright yellow straps?


The look I've supplemented is a flirty one for warm weather. The emphasis is on BEING hot when it's already hot. When all put together, tunic + jeans + pumps/sandals equals one hot look. Most important to me is finding the right bottoms and shoes to go with everything.

My idea of a mismatch with this look would be a dark one-shoulder top (sleeveless or sleeved) with light-colored skinny jeans and black Converse-type sneakers. I wouldn't compromise a chic look by going with a casual pair of sneakers. Traditonal flip-flop/thong sandals (flat ones, at least) aren't much better either. Only exception would be a pair of kitten heel thong sandals. But I say to go with a feminine pair of pumps or sandals with this look.





So no matter what kind of one-shoulder top you go for, be sure to look for one that best suits your style and what you're looking for in putting an outfit together. Rock your one-shoulder style, femmes! :)

Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger