Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Scarves

John B. Marine | 2/23/2010 04:39:00 AM |
(UPDATED: June 16, 2015)

Scarves, at least in the minds of the fashionable, are not exclusive for cold weather. They are also not exclusive for older women. Some designers have made attempts to make scarves for both males and females. The scarf has essentially become a unisex favorite. With many designs and styles of scarves available to many, options are limitless. What kind of scarf do you want? What fits your style? There's a scarf for almost everyone, and I'll prove it in this blog entry!

Here are some scarves pictures to set the mood:

scarf
^ from: whipup.net

NOTE: This blog entry contains links to Amazon products. You are welcome to click on images and links to learn more about each item or even purchase these items if you so choose. Please see "An Important Amazon Note" in my blog's sidebar to see more information on any Amazon items shown.

I am very uneducated about scarves. I normally don't blog about anything unless I really know what I'm talking about. This was initially to be about scarves, but I will also include shawls and stoles. PLEASE comment to this blog entry if you know more about scarves than I do (just don't curse me out or send harsh remarks). A scarf can be a stylish way to add some extra substance to your look. There are scarves for males and females, and even for cool and warm weather. I am not sure about shawls and stoles, so I won't discuss those.

Scarves aren't just to go around your neck. Especially for females, scarves have been worn as belts and even tops. Scarves can be very versatile for the female (as is many other fashions).


LATEST UPDATE(S)/REVISION(S)

JUN 16 2015 - overhaul of post



--- Versatility of Scarves for Females ---

All pictures listed here are the best I could find through Google Images:


Scarves as Belts.

scarf as a belt
^ from: scarvesandmore.net - Wearing a scarf as a belt.

This was actually a trend in the early-mid 2000s. Just put a scarf through the belt loops of your bottoms. You could also wear it a different way around your bottoms. Unfortunately, I can't find a good enough picture to show another way to wear a scarf as a belt. So I'll just mention what I did in this paragraph.


Scarves as Tops.

front

rear
^ both images from: beverly.livejournal.com - Scarf as a top.

Some scarves are wide enough and long enough and to be worn as their own tops. With thicker and wider scarves, you can wear them basically as basic tops.


Scarves as Sexy Tops.

scarf as a sexy top
^ from: chameleoncreations.co.uk (this was the best picture I could find to describe this next part).

On warm or hot days, daring females wear scarves kind of like a sexy halter top. Just make sure to tie everything properly and make sure it holds up long enough. Because... you don't want a wardrobe malfunction if the scarf comes loose as you're wearing it as a sexy top. How sexy can this look be? Here is an example in this video:



Again... you have to be VERY daring to try this look. But for those who can pull it off, wearing a scarf as a top can be every bit as hot as wearing a bikini top or a tube top.



--- Scarves on Amazon ---

NOTE: This section contains links to Amazon products. You are welcome to click on images and links to learn more about each item or even purchase these items if you so choose. Please see "An Important Amazon Note" in my blog's sidebar to see more information on any Amazon items shown.

So you want a scarf? I can show you to scarves on Amazon. Just be sure to click on any of the images supplemented to this blog entry. If there isn't one you like from the ones I've shown, you can always check out the search widget I've supplemented to find more scarves, shawls, and stoles you can buy from Amazon. You are encouraged to click on and even order anything you like in my blog entries, but I don't force you to. All pictures and items are from Amazon.

So let's talk scarves!


Male Scarves.

I'll start with scarves for us guys. Please note that some of these scarves may be unisex (made for males and females).



^ Here is a stylish houndstooth scarf. It may be monochromatic, but it's plenty stylish. According to Amazon, this is a scarf worn by KanYe West. It comes in over 15 colors! In Neon Orange, it looks like the scarf is on fire. So there's bound to be a style you'll love.



^ This men's scarf is a black silk tuxedo scarf. This is a stylish scarf to wear with a very professional look to it.



^ Sport some Indian (as in the country of India) style with this scarf here. It comes in a beautiful design here.


Female Scarves.

Remember that if you don't see a scarf that you like, there is a widget or two at the end of this blog entry that you can use to find scarves you do like. I want you to be able to read a blog on something and then be able to do a little shopping if you see something you like. It would seem pointless to discuss something without giving you the chance to find something you like from that blog entry. So here are some feminine scarves.

Some of the scarves MAY be unisex (for males and females).



^ This scarf comes in 19 colors! There are many colors ranging from light to bold. There obviously has to be a color just for your liking with so many options.



^ In 29 different colors, this feminine scarf is beautiful and wearable. There's a color for a scarf as beautiful as this is for you and your wardrobe. It also comes with its own free box for safe keeping and storage. Since it comes in so many colors, you may well be tempted to purchase this scarf in multiple colors! Or as I read in a Myspace comment... "if the shoe fits, buy it in every color!"



^ Love and peace! Many white peace symbols adorn this black scarf. This scarf is also available in white with black peace signs.



^ This is a shawl wrap in a beautiful dark blue color. It looks beautiful while delivering great warmth and style.


There are many more scarves to showcase, but some of them are belly dancing scarves. I may actually blog about belly dancing in the future to better approach belly dancing scarves.





--- Just for Fun... ---

There are more scarves in the search widget at the bottom of this blog entry. You can find scarves there of many kinds. I encourage you to take a look at them and go order a scarf if you see one you like from Amazon. Since this is a just-for-fun section, I'm not hoping you'd buy some of the items in this section. This is purely for entertainment purposes.

You wouldn't want to pay more than you want to for a simple scarf. Well, if you feel compelled to spend lots of money on scarves, here's what your splurge-happy money can buy on Amazon:



^ This is the most expensive scarf on Amazon, made of Chinchilla fur.



^ Stoles and shawls from here come in a variety of colors. Just be sure to fork over $625 USD if you want one. It comes in at least 15 or 20 colors.



^ This is the most expensive men's scarf. It is made of cashmere.





I actually was thinking about getting my own scarf. However, I'm not overly crazy about them that I want to rock my own style with these scarves. Did you enjoy my blog entry, but didn't like any of the scarves I shown (if you're looking for scarves to buy)? Here are many more to choose from. Happy shopping, and thanks for reading!





Thank you for reading!

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger