Friday, March 11, 2011

My Thoughts and Prayers Go Out to Japan and the South Pacific

John B. Marine | 3/11/2011 03:50:00 AM | | | |
SPECIAL NOTE: If you would like to donate to the American Red Cross to help aid in recovery efforts from the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake, you may visit the American Red Cross' website for more information on how you can donate to the American Red Cross to aid in recovery efforts in Japan and in the Pacific.

An 8.9-magnitude earthquake recently rocked northern Japan triggering a tsunami. The epicenter was reported some 80 east of Sendai, Japan and 231 miles northeast of Tokyo. Most of the worst damage shown on video was from farm land in Sendai (northern Honshu Island; northeastern Japan). I saw some powerful video of the earthquake impacting a building in Tokyo. It was absolutely scary. This earthquake and the impending tsunamis impact not only Japan, but also various other nations along Pacific coastlines as well as Pacific Island nations. I've heard of some four million homes and buildings in Tokyo are out of power. A recent briefing (as of 3:36 AM Central Standard Time; March 11, 2011) by the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) noted the earthquake was reported as an 8.8-magnitude earthquake.

Therefore, I've created this blog entry to offer my thoughts and prayers to all of you in hopes that you all are okay. In case of major damage, I hope you will be able to recover from this, even if it takes weeks, months, or even years to recover. My best wishes are with all in Japan as well as in many Pacific Island nations.





--- Video Coverage ---
Here is a look at this horrific situation through video.

Tsunami in Kamaishi.

Here is a video showcasing the horror from this earthquake and the tsunami:




--- Thoughts and Prayers to All Affected ---
Here are individual prayers and hopes to all affected, both in Japan and elsewhere in the Pacific.

A Brief Message From Me to All of my Readers/Visitors in Japan:

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you affected from the recent 8.9-magnitude earthquake and the impending tsunamis. This is a most unusually powerful earthquake to impact Japan. I hope all of you are okay and are able to recover. I hope you all will are alright.

I sincerely hope you all are alright. I'd hate to even fathom experiencing this earthquake myself in Japan. So I hope all of you are alright. My best prayers and hopes for recovery are with all of you. If lives are lost, I am deeply sad for all of you. If property is damaged, I hope you will be able to recover lost land and property and be able to get life back to normal. This also applies to any tsunami damage that may or may have impacted Japan.

Hope all of you are well. My best wishes are with all of you in Japan.


A Brief Message From Me to All of my Readers/Visitors in Pacific Nations and Pacific Coast Locations:

I hope for the best for all of you. My deepest thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I'm especially hopeful people in the South Pacific will be okay. As much as I've focused blog posts on the South Pacific, there are some Pacific Island nations that don't really have high ground to get to if in case of a tsunami. So I am GREATLY concerned for all of you. I hope you all will be okay regardless. While the impact in Japan is strongest, the tsunami and other impacts can devastate Pacific Island nations and certain Pacific coastline locations. I am even more concerned for Pacific Island nations since some Pacific nations are at or just above sea level- NOT good if high waves and waters come along. So once again- my thoughts and prayers are with all of you in addition to my thoughts and prayers to all impacted in Japan.

As for all along Pacific coastlines, I hope you all are okay and will be okay. Please take care and hope all of you are safe and content. My deepest thoughts and prayers are with all of you in Pacific island nations and along Pacific coastlines.


Thoughts and Prayers from Me to All Affected.

If you are any of my readers from Japan or various North Pacific and South Pacific nations, I want to offer my deepest thoughts and prayers to all of you whom have been impacted from the earthquake or or any impending tsunamis. As much as I would love to go to Japan, that's the one thing I fear about going there- being in an earthquake. The Ring of Fire is a very active deal. I hope all of you readers from Japan or Pacific nations are okay. My thoughts, prayers, and best wishes go out to all of you in hopes that you are alright and that you all are able to recover from this. Recovery may take months or even years, but I hope everything is okay with all of you.

I always honor and respect my international audience to people who visit my blog(s) and my other online works. So therefore, I am always concerned and hopeful my international audience is alright. I am most concerned for my Japanese and Pacific audiences in this situation. So again... my best wishes and deepest prayers are with everyone involved, including friends and family in the affected areas.



More information on the earthquake can be found in these links and in these news reports:
* various Google resources on the earthquake
* USGS Report on the Earthquake
* CNN World Report on the Earthquake in Japan
* Japan Meteorology Agency Earthquake Information (English)

* (added: March 11, 2011) Donate to the Red Cross (click on "Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami")

I may add more links in the future, especially if there is any way to offer aid and support after the earthquake and the tsunami(s). This is a horrific disaster. I hope everyone will be okay and will be okay.



Thank you for reading. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you affected from this earthquake. That includes all of you in Japan and all of you in the South Pacific and elsewhere.

Become a Fan (or Like) my Facebook Fan Page and subscribe this blog (and my others) via FeedBurner (or any other aggregator in the sidebar)! Visit (or subscribe):
* Subscribe to John's Blog Space!
* Subscribe to John's Shop Space! (http://jbmshopspace.blogspot.com)
* Subscribe to the all-new John's Gran Turismo Space! (http://johnsgtspace.blogspot.com)
Share this article

1 comments:

John B. Marine said...

i pray for japan too.. such tragedy

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger