Thursday, March 1, 2012

L'Arc-en-Ciel

John B. Marine | 3/01/2012 02:32:00 AM | | |
L'Arc-en-Ciel is a Japanese rock quartet that formed in 1991 and debuted in 1993. Throughout their 20+ year history, this Osaka, Japan-based quartet produced a number of songs. The blog post you're about to check out here is a little piece to introduce you to the sounds of these J-rockers.

BEFORE I BEGIN...
As a brief note, this is a brand-new post. Some of my past blog posts regarding various Japanese music artists and groups I've blogged about here on "John's Blog Space" may be deleted and replaced with newer versions. I want all of my fans to get to see some of my past posts on this same topic, including old (and VERY old) posts. You'll know which ones are updated posts if I mentioned them as updated versions of original posts. So take note of this if I decide to bring up some of my past posts.





--- L'arc-en-Ciel ---

Let's mee the four guys that make up today's L'arc-en-Ciel before I share any videos or music with you:

L'Arc-en-Ciel
^ from: niesa87himura.wordpress.com - The four guys who make up today's L'Arc-en-Ciel.

• hyde - vocals and guitar
• tetsuya - bass, keyboards, backing vocals
• ken - guitar, keyboards, tambourine
• yukihiro - drums and percussion

Ex-members of L'arc-en-Ciel include these:

• HIRO - guitar
• PERO - drums
• sakura - drums and percussion

One of the first songs I've heard from L'arc-en-Ciel was "Spirit Dreams Inside" from the movie soundtrack to "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within." I actually like these guys. Very solid group with some great singing. L'Arc-en-Ciel translates from French to "The Rainbow."



--- L'arc en Ciel in Videos ---

Let's hear some of their music. If you can't view any of the videos or want to view them on YouTube, I have included permalinks to each of the featured videos. So have a listen to these songs. Maybe you'll be a fan of L'Arc-en-Ciel too:


• "Spirit Dreams Inside," from the soundtrack of "Final Fantasy: Spirit Within"
Here is one of the first songs of L'Arc-en-Ciel that I grown to like. And trust me- this was the best-possible video I could find for this song, so I feel accomplished in sharing THIS with you all:

Direct link to video: "Spirit Dreams Inside" - YouTube


• "Lies and Truth"
The song may be called "Lies and Truth," but L'arc-en-Ciel is the definite truth in this one. Five minutes of awesomeness coming your way. Brace yourself:

"Lies and Truth" - Live Version (embedding was disabled)


• "Driver's High"
Rev it up and enjoy the ride! From GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka), this song is "Driver's High" below (live version):

Direct link to video: "Driver's High" - YouTube


Want to see more YouTube videos of L'Arc en Ciel? Click this link to see all search results of "L'Arc-en-Ciel" on YouTube.





For more on L'-Arc-en-Ciel, visit www.larc-en-ciel.com. Also...

L'-Arc-en-Ciel on Myspace Music
L'Arc-en-Ciel Facebook Fan Page
L'Arc-en-Ciel on YouTube (VEVO Channel, not available in all locations)
Follow L'Arc-en-Ciel on Twitter (@larc_official)!
L'Arc-en-Ciel on last.fm

Thank you for reading! Because some of my past blog posts on Japanese musicians are poorly viewed (many of which are VERY old), I may delete some of my old posts and bring them back with newer, updated versions. So please take note of this if I do indeed decide to delete older posts on certain Japanese artists and groups and bring them up with new versions. Meanwhile...

Love John's Blog Space? If so (and if you haven't yet subscribed or followed), Subscribe and/or Follow! Become a Fan (or Like) my Facebook Fan Page and subscribe this blog (and my others) via FeedBurner (or any other aggregator in the sidebar)! Visit (or subscribe):
Subscribe to John's Blog Space!
Subscribe to John's Shop Space! (http://jbmshopspace.blogspot.com)
Subscribe to John's Gran Turismo Space! (http://johnsgtspace.blogspot.com)
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger