--- Guilty Pleasures ---You probably have an idea of what a pleasure is. Imagine being fond of something that other people may not like you for. Having such guilty pleasures doesn't automatically make you a bad person. It just means you like something secretly that others may or may not accept. Or you may be fond of something you may or may not be willing to accept or disclose. These can include any number of items including: TV shows, movies, music, books, video and computer games, certain celebrities, certain fashion items, travel sites... and even (not to freak out some of my readers)- sexual fetishes. You can like things ranging from songs most people probably hate to
[Some Of] My Guilty Pleasures.Time to answer questions never asked. The BOLD text notes certain guilty pleasures of mine.
NOTE: Some of these topics featured may show up in future blog posts.
My biggest guilty please from 2013 is...
• My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Yep... I was somewhat a "brony" last year as I fell into the allure of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic." I saw all or most of the episodes on The HUB Network last year including most of the "Equestria Girls" movie. I saw what was so cool about this My Little Pony series. I began to even appreciate the many characters of the series. Hands down, the one you can relate most with is Applejack. I also like Twilight Sparkle.
I was kindly humbled by my friends on GTPlanet when I talked about "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic." One person was a bit stunned I mentioned being a fan of this cartoon series. I am no true "brony," though. I just... like this cartoon.
I sort of admit to this as my latest guilty pleasure as a sports fan:
• Competitive Cheerleading - People will say competitive cheerleading isn't a sport. It certainly takes athleticism to pull off various tumbles and formations. Also, competitive cheerleading is very fun and positive. I'd actually watch something like cheerleading competitions than something like figure skating. I first started watching cheerleading competitions on TV back in 2013 or so. What do I mean in regards to competitive cheerleading? This video is an example (WARNING: do NOT adjust the volume):
^ Stingray Allstars Orange- Worlds 2012 (day 2)
Other such teams I'm aware of include the likes of the Stingray All Stars, Top Gun All-Stars, World Cup Shooting Stars, and more. There are also various collegiate teams and certain international teams that take part in competitive cheerleading.
There are two songs I admit I like and consider guilty pleasures:
• "Toxic" by Britney Spears...
^ Britney Spears - Toxic
• Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus...
^ Miley Cyrus - Party In The U.S.A.
"Toxic" from Britney Spears was a song from 2003 I secretly like. I've never been any Britney Spears fan. It's a catchy song no matter how you look at it.
During her sweeter (or relatively sweet) Hannah Montana days, Miley Cyrus came along with the very girly song "Party in the USA," which I liked. Like with Britney Spears, I am no Miley Cyrus fanatic, and I'm CERTAINLY not a fan of hers since she's taken over this new sort of personality apart from her Disney days. Good songs still remain with you and remain memorable. So is the case with "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus released in 2010. Only guy I know of who probably love this song more than I do is basketball player Jared Sullinger. He even sort of recited this song at times when he played his college basketball at Ohio State. Or should I say, THE Ohio State University.
Believe it or not, there is sort of a fashion guilty pleasure I admit to. And what would that be?
• Boat/Deck Shoes
Especially with girls, boat shoes are surely cute to see being worn with short shorts. I've been a bit tempted to have interest in getting my own pair of boat shoes. The most common boat shoes you'll normally see among females are the ballet flat-like Sperry Top-Sider "Angelfish" boat shoes, or or of course... the Sperry Top-Sider "Bluefish" boat shoes, which are like a nice alternative of oxfords or brogues and sneakers. The most common color combination for these boat shoes is usually Linen Oat. However, they do come in various other colors and patterns. For example, I've seen these shoes in a combination of Navy Blue and leopard print. I've even seen metallic versions of these shoes from Sperry Top-Sider and various knockoffs of these shoes.
Now I labeled these as a guilty pleasure because there aren't too many who regard boat shoes as stylish shoes not exactly limited to the preppy set. In fact, I see them as a great pair of shoes that are a more-than-decent alternative to your average lace-up sneakers or your average Converses. Also, these are not shoes I'd recommend be paired with certain outfits, but I do find them attractive... and even cute.
Okay, maybe one more guilty pleasure I admit- because I'm a guy...
• spandex booty - Gaucho pants, yoga pants, certain classy and chic wide-leg pants and palazzo pants made of modal or jersey, certain other spandex pants and spandex shorts... some wear them to be comfortable- and they are. Some others wear them just to show off their backsides in a fabulous way. Either way, they'll get most of us guys' attention. Most of the time... mission accomplished! Can't help but stare sometimes. Even my male audience reading this blog post can attest to this!
So now you know about some of my guilty pleasures.
--- Guilty Pleasures ---Everyone has their own guilty pleasures of many different things. Depending on what those guilty pleasures are, having these guilty pleasures does not make you any less of a person. It just means you love things that either most people probably wouldn't approve of or admire about you. We usually like admitting to things we are obsessed with or love. Some things are things we like, yet tend to hide or not admit to being fond of. Whatever guilty pleasures you may have, they are a part of your personality. Even the weirdest and most surreal things we enjoy help define who we are individually. They are just other things to help define us as people in society. Such guilty pleasures could make us just a little bit crazy or weird in the eyes of others. But who cares? There are things we love, and even things we secretly love! So go enjoy having guilty pleasures!
Okay. That was fun... and a bit embarrassing. Discussion time! Here are my questions to you:
What do you think about having guilty pleasures? (Optional) What are some of your guilty pleasures?
That's all for this blog post. I hope you enjoyed your time here. If you did, don't forget to Subscribe and Follow. Get social with me and help support my work any way you can if you enjoy my work. Thank you for reading!
|"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!|
|Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS)||Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS)||Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS)||Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)|