Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Wayback Wednesday: Dec. 3, 2014

John B. Marine | 12/03/2014 03:06:00 AM | | |
Ready? It's #WaybackWednesday! Time to make your Hump Day interesting as December 2014 is here. I'll select almost anything to get you going. It is time to find you all some old stuff (at least 5 years old) for you all... mainly music. But, I may include some other stuff. Welcome to John's Blog Space, everyone!





--- Wayback Wednesday: How it Works ---

Wayback Wednesday on JBS
Welcome to Wayback Wednesday on John's Blog Space!

Most of what I select for "Wayback Wednesday" primarily consists of music videos. Rather than share with fans, I usually share YouTube videos among friends in my Facebook profile. Most of what I share are selections based on a certain group of songs I want to feature. I want to label it as "Wayback Wednesday" for the sake of hashtag usage. The proper person in me knows it is "Way Back Wednesday" rather than "Wayback Wednesday." The main criteria element is that the material must be at least five years old. So as of this blog post, all Wayback Wednesday features material from 2009 or earlier. Nothing from 2010 or later will be featured. All Wayback Wednesday selections go in chronological order from earliest to oldest. So more recent material is featured before going to least recent material. For example, a song from 2003 will be shown followed by a song either from that same year or before 2003.

Here's the quick rundown:
• material that is at least five years old is featured.
• selected material is from more recent to less recent.
• not every selection is music.

This is a sample post:

Wayback Wednesday: (Month Day, Year)

(song arist - song title, or title) (year)
(description)
(link to video)

I decide to post just a link to the video rather than slow down the performance of my blog with embedded YouTube videos. Links to some videos may or may not be available all the time. You're basically clicking at your own discretion in this sense.


Depending on traffic and other considerations, I may start this as a common feature of my blog. Having said all of this... let's begin!



--- Wayback Wednesday: Selections ---

Here are the songs I've selected for this Wednesday. Click on the links to view the YouTube videos associated with the individual songs. NOTE: Certain restrictions may apply to some of the material I've selected- such as (but not limited to) age restrictions. Be wary of this if you decide to click on any of the provided links to this post.

If you like to comment, feel free to let me know which songs you like from this list I selected.


Wayback Wednesday: December 3, 2014

Let's do this!

Pharrell - Show you How to Hustle (2006)
Just because this song came from a video game doesn't mean it is off-limits to include in these posts. Music is music. This was maybe my favorite song from the soundtrack to "Need for Speed: Carbon." A little bit of the beat to this song inspired me when I posted a sample hip-hop beat in a YouTube video. Have a listen. (WARNING: bad language!)


Charlotte Church - Moodswings (2005)
When Charlotte Church decided to take on more pop music apart from being an incredibly talented sopranoist, it was met a bit with skepticism. Even I feared she might not be as enjoyable in the pop world apart from her sweet classical music style. This song is perhaps my favorite of hers since leaving the realm of classical music.


David Morales feat. Lea-Lorien - How Would U Feel? (2004)
Time to change over to electronic dance music. Namely here, some house music. This was one of two different songs I really liked in the mid-2000s. The version I found here is the extended mix. Even if you don't have time on your hands, this is still worth a good listen.


DJ Jonathan Peters feat. Sylver - After All This Time (2004 or 2005)
The other of two songs I liked a lot from the mid-2000s is this one. This time, it is DJ Jonathan Peters with Sylver. Unlike the song above, this one is the Radio Edit. This one is one to enjoy on a Saturday night or so. Go ahead- click the link above and enjoy.


Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing) (1998)
In the 1990s, one of the better hip-hop groups was The Fugees. One of The Fugees is one lady named Lauryn Hill. Here is a fun and cool song of hers that I'm sure you'll enjoy. Great rhymes and some nice beats make this song memorable. This one is a cool song. Have a listen.


Chumbawamba - Tubthumping (1997)
My brother hated these guys! Can you believe that before this song came out, Chumbawamba never had a hit song in about 13 years (or so I heard)? Time for this British group to get you going with this classic. Heck... I sometimes look to this song as a motivator- especially the chorus. Time to rock out!


Olive - You're Not Alone (1996)
Here is a classic in the electronic dance music realm. I've heard several remixes of this one in the past. Songs that get remixed so much are obviously hot enough to where everybody seems to have their own mix for it. What you're going to get here is a lovely tune with some great beats and amazing singing. After all... this one is a classic for a reason.


Los Del Rio - Macarena (1994)
I remember once at a Joe's Crab Shack here in Houston, we were celebrating my mom's birthday. One of the biggest dance crazes of the '90s was the macarena. The '90s are going to hit you hard here. Don't know Macarena? Get to know it by checking out this music video. Click on the link above and enjoy. You're welcome.


Boyz II Men - Let it Snow (1993)
This one is probably most appropriate as we head towards Christmas. Enjoy some Boyz II Men with this smooth and lovely song. This is not any official video. What you're getting here is just this fine song from one of my all-time favorite R&B groups- Boyz II Men. Unless you don't like Boyz II Men, how can you not like this song?


En Vogue - My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It) (1992)
Destiny's Child the best female R&B group in the '90s? Four women may respectfully disagree with you. Who are they? Meet En Vogue. One of my favorite songs of theirs is "My Lovin'." These ladies have some great flow and style. Listen for yourself! Nothing like '90s R&B. Where the heck has music gone since?


Sade - Smooth Operator (1984)
Here is Sade with "Smooth Operator." Take it easy and chill out with this classic. Or as Aaron Rodgers famously said this year, "R-E-L-A-X... relax." Or as Joakim Noah famously said this year, "chill the f*** out." You get the idea, right? Just enjoy the dang song already. :)


Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting (1974)
Yeah. Rewind 10 years (I accidentally typed "fast forward" when I'm supposed to take you BACK in time!) from the previous entry. My browsing around on YouTube led me to this original version of this song. Get ready to do some Kung Fu fighting. It's go time- 1974 style!


Flower Drum Song - Enjoy Being a Girl (1961)
Girly-girls, unite! A lot of my audience is feminine. So I'm sure this one will tickle your fancy. One time, I curiously came across this song when I was in college looking around on YouTube. One of my Myspace friends had a little graphic that said "Enjoy Being a Girl." After having a listen to this song, I thought it was a rather cute number. This one goes WAY back- 1961 in fact. Enjoy this one... even if you're a guy! :)

I must warn you the video may be a bit loud. The sound issues aren't too annoying, though.


Gene Autry - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1949)
The year 2014 marks the golden (50th) anniversary of the claymation "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" cartoon. In honor of this, my final post for this Wednesday is dedicated to the world's most popular reindeer. This is also the oldest song I've featured in any of my "Wayback Wednesday" posts- even when I exclusively shared YouTube videos through my Facebook profile page. Please enjoy this classic song. Welcome to 1949!




This concludes another "Wayback Wednesday" post of mine. To check out the latest posts in the "Wayback Wednesday" category, click this link: Wayback Wednesday.





I hope you enjoyed this Wayback Wednesday post. Thank you for reading!

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger