Monday, April 19, 2010

Motorcycle Style - The KTM 1190 RC8

John B. Marine | 4/19/2010 01:14:00 AM | |
Austrian two-wheeled muscle comes in the form of this KTM RC8. Even with the likes of British, German, and Italian makes creating awesome motorcycles, KTM has their own beauty. It comes in the form of a futuristic and bold motorcycle. That motorcycle is called the RC8. This is a blog entry where I talk about how I think the bike looks. Of course, that's what all of my "Motorcycle Style" blog entries are about- my thoughts on how motorcycles (in this case) look.





Motorcycle Style: The KTM 1190 RC8
Here is the Austrian superbike in the flesh:


^ from: fasterandfaster.net, by way of bikewalls.com

Rather than anything alluring or in-your-face, the KTM is more futuristic. There is a great deal of sharpness in the lines this bike has. Perhaps this is a symbol of the RC8's sharp character. There isn't a great deal of bodywork on this bike. It kind of reminds me of the Ducati 999R with not a whole lot of bodywork. I'm used to superbikes that have a lot of smooth curves while also packing a punch aggression-wise. But unfortunately, this is like a modern Cadillac- lots of edges and sharp lines. The RC8 has a tall headlight at the front rather than two equal-size headlights on either side at the front. The bike's muffler points out on the underbody on its right side. The swingarm is pretty edgy as well. About the only design element of the RC8 that isn't edgy are the side mirrors. Even the windshield is short and edgy.

When you're ready to ride, you're met with a small digital instrument panel. I don't know if I'd be able to read the orange display or not.





I'm sorry to say this, but I'm not real fond of the KTM 1190 RC8 lookswise. I'm sure it goes like heck regardless of how it looks, but from a style standpoint, a bit too edgy to me. I don't know if I'd be comfortable riding this bike if I were an actual motorcycle rider. I'm not saying it's ugly. I am just saying that it isn't very much a good looker. Remember that my style entries focus on how I think things are DESIGNED, not anything on performance. I'm just not feeling the RC8 style-wise.

Maybe you do? Comment away!
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger