Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wayback Wednesday: Nov. 19, 2014

John B. Marine | 11/19/2014 02:40:00 AM | | |
The #WaybackWednesday media selections for this week are coming up! Welcome to another Hump Day where I spoil you with all kinds of old school goodness. Stuff at least 5 years old will be featured in this post. You don't mind me taking you back in time, don't you? Time to go to work again... it's Wayback Wednesday!

I announced that I will now start doing my "Wayback Wednesday" posts in my blog since I reach out to more people. So if you enjoy me posting stuff about old songs and other old things, you've come to the right place. If it means a better chance to gain more views, so be it.

Before you read this post, you can look at past installments of posts in the "Wayback Wednesday" category, by clicking this link: Wayback Wednesday.






--- Wayback Wednesday: How it Works ---

Wayback Wednesday on JBS
Welcome to Wayback Wednesday on John's Blog Space!

Most of what I select for "Wayback Wednesday" primarily consists of music videos. Rather than share with fans, I usually share YouTube videos among friends in my Facebook profile. Most of what I share are selections based on a certain group of songs I want to feature. I want to label it as "Wayback Wednesday" for the sake of hashtag usage. The proper person in me knows it is "Way Back Wednesday" rather than "Wayback Wednesday." The main criteria element is that the material must be at least five years old. So as of this blog post, all Wayback Wednesday features material from 2009 or earlier. Nothing from 2010 or later will be featured. All Wayback Wednesday selections go in chronological order from earliest to oldest. So more recent material is featured before going to least recent material. For example, a song from 2003 will be shown followed by a song either from that same year or before 2003.

Here's the quick rundown:
• material that is at least five years old is featured.
• selected material is from more recent to less recent.
• not every selection is music.

This is a sample post:

Wayback Wednesday: (Month Day, Year)

(song arist - song title, or title) (year)
(description)
(link to video)

I decide to post just a link to the video rather than slow down the performance of my blog with embedded YouTube videos. Links to some videos may or may not be available all the time. You're basically clicking at your own discretion in this sense.


Depending on traffic and other considerations, I may start this as a common feature of my blog. Having said all of this... let's begin!



--- Wayback Wednesday: Selections ---

Here are the songs I've selected for this Wednesday. Click on the links to view the YouTube videos associated with the individual songs. Some songs may be age-restricted. The availability of each link may vary.

If you like to comment, feel free to let me know which songs you like from this list I selected.


Wayback Wednesday: November 19, 2014

Time for this week's selections. Here are my selections for "Wayback Wednesday" this week:


The Ting Tings - Shut Up and Let Me Go (2008)
Catchy songs will surely get my attention and make lists like these. This one surely is catchy in its own right.


Vince Young and Next Level Freestyle - Knocking Doors Down (2007)
In the 2006 Rose Bowl, the University of Texas beat the University of Southern California in one of the greatest college football games of all time (and my personal favorite college football game of all time). The UT-Austin quarterback and Houston native, Vince Young did a freestyle rap session along with Kiotti, AP, and Lil' Keith. If you want to hear the former NFL quarterback- who played for teams like the Tennessee Titans- drop some freestyle raps, have a listen to this song along with the likes of some other personalities, check this piece out uploaded to YouTube in 2007.


Lola - I Can't Take It (Nevins Remix) (2007)
The original song is good, but the Nevins remix of this 2007 is even better. This post takes you to 2007 with the hot vocals of Lola. Enjoy this bit of electronic pop.


P!nk - U + Ur Hand (2006)
On Wednesdays, we wear pink... at least in the world of Mean Girls. On Wayback Wednesdays, we listen to Pink. So here is some P!nk for you all. It's you and your hand tonight with this 2006 song. Welcome to 2006!


Amerie - 1 Thing (2005)
Amerie Rogers is someone whom I've featured before in my Beauties-themed posts. She is what some of us call "Blasian"- Black and Asian. Amerie is in fact Black-Korean. Amid her songs, one of my personal favorite songs of hers can be heard in "Saints Row 2" called "1 Thing." Click on the link to hear and see the video. Welcome to 2005! By the way, I didn't know Amerie is a Capricorn (I'm one myself!). Born on January 12. My birthday is January 15.


Public Announcement - John Doe (1999)
I am a popular John (or at least I think I am), but John Doe is more popular. There's even a song about him! Public Announcement sung of John Doe. What sets us apart? I run blogs more popular than John Doe. Anyhow, I'll give John Doe his due and feature this 1999 song. Enjoy, but remember- John Doe ain't no John Marine!!!


Ol' Dirty Bastard feat. Kelis - Got Your Money (1999)
Hey, dirty... baby, I got your money! Get ready for some ODB from the Wu-Tang Clan. Welcome to 1999 and this cool song from the charismatic OBD. LONG LIVE OL' DIRTY BASTARD! WARNING: Bad language!


Faith Evans - Love Like This (1998)
There was a time when Bad Boy Entertainment was one of the hottest labels in the realm of hip-hop. One such part of Bad Boy was... a girl. Her name? Faith Evans. Here is a hot song that I've heard a number of times remixed. Welcome to 1998 and this great song.


Erykah Badu - Tyrone (1997)
Call Tyrone. Just don't use my phone... okay? Oh, and welcome to 1997! (WARNING: Bad language!)


TLC - Red Light Special (1994)
Here is a personal favorite song of mine of three ladies: T-Boz, Left-Eye, and Chilli- better known as TLC. They'll give you the Red Light Special in this song. Sexy vocals and smooth instruments complimented by a sweet set of beats make this one hot to listen to. If you're ready to go back to 1994, click on the link above!

And if you want to see my old blog post on TLC here on JBS, check this out: TLC (John's Blog Space).


SWV - Right Here (Human Nature Mix) (1992)
Sisters With Voices. From one of the hottest '90s R&B girl groups to one of the other great '90s R&B groups, I give you one of my favorite SWV songs. This is 1993 loving coming your way. Where were you in 1993 when this song came along?

Here is my old post on SWV, in case you're interested: SWV (John's Blog Space)


Carl Carlton - She's a Bad Mama Jama (She's Built, She's Stacked) (1981)
The year is 1981. I was not yet born. One guy named Carl Carlton sung about a woman who's one bad mama jama. Whomever Carl Carlton was referring to, I wouldn't want to mess with her. You probably wouldn't either. However, she makes for a good song- as you can tell if you listen to this 1981 song. :)


James Brown - Papa Don't Take No Mess (1974)
Get ready for some James Brown. Papa don't take no mess! Here is some 1974 loving for you. It's perfectly fine if you groove to this one in your chair, on your bed, or wherever you may be hearing this song. Even better, this video is also some old school Soul Train action. So this is a win-win for you. Boogie down and enjoy this one!


The O'Jays - For The Love of Money (1973)
I've heard it as a song in a very old Nissan commercial I somehow remember, and I often hear it as the theme usually played on FOX 26 Morning News Extra here in Houston for Checking Your Money. All most other people know is that this song is all about the money. Lord knows I don't make much through blogging or other affiliate marketing. Still, there's nothing like making that paper. Getting 'dat money. Folks- this is a funky trip back to 1973. Enjoy the ride!


This concludes another "Wayback Wednesday" post of mine. To check out the latest posts in the "Wayback Wednesday" category, including the post you just read, click this link: Wayback Wednesday.





Let me know if there are any songs you liked in this set. I do what I can to take you back. Hope you enjoyed this week's collection. Appreciate and honor the past. Thank you for reading!

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JBS, Follow me on Bloglovin', and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

0 comments:

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work for my creative works studio JohnMarineDesigns? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Blog Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger